1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

How to fit S-Line Side Skirts?

jdjames13 May 24, 2017

1. jdjames13

jdjames13 Member

Hi Guys

I have an Audi A3 sport and want to fit the s line sideskirts, i have the actual face and under grill which has mount holes however they don't tally up with the car. What look like potential holes are under the car but when i face the them up to the car the holes on the new side skirts seem to be at an angle going into the original side skirts. They are definitely both 8v and correct in length.

I am tempted to just glue them on but would ideally want to do it properly, can anyone advise?

Also can anyone with an s-line A3 take a close up picture of the skirt either end so i know how high up it fits?

Many Thanks

James

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. jdjames13

jdjames13 Member

Anyone?

4. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Site Sponsor Team Ibis VAG Can Professional Gold Supporter VCDS Map User quattro ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Saloon, Sportback or Hatchback?

5. jdjames13

jdjames13 Member

Sportback

6. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Site Sponsor Team Ibis VAG Can Professional Gold Supporter VCDS Map User quattro ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Skirts have a bracket which needs to be mounted on the car before install. This is the only information detailed within the workshop diagrams.

Attached Files:

7. jdjames13

jdjames13 Member

Thanks for this ill have a look may have to end up glueing as i dont have the holes in the sportback.

8. DJAlix

Well there are no holes as the car is not meant to have skirts :)

Drilling the holes should not be too much of an issue to be honest but it will be much easier to correctly align the skirts if bonded.

Check this video out:

9. jdjames13

jdjames13 Member

True, i didn't know if there were little bolts at the flaps maybe!

I think i'll bond it like this guy without the gap he had though!! Thanks man appreciate it.

10. Schizophonic

Schizophonic Well-Known Member

Ive not done the side skirts install myself but have spoken to a user who did do this to his a3 hatchback. If you buy side skirts they would come in 2 pieces per side. The piece which people do not see is the support bracket and sits in the existing droves under the sills. The guy said he had to drill one hole through the chassis so it connects to the outside skirt and then bolt the two together. He didn't bond or use any heavy glue to stick them onto the car. Worth contacting parts to see how much these inner (supporting) bracket cost.

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using Tapatalk

kanteo28 likes this.
  11. Scotty75

Scotty75 Well-Known Member Sportback Team Brilliant Black Silver Supporter S-line owners group Audi A3 Manual

Dredging up an old thread but I need to replace one of the skirts on my A3 S-line.
    Any pointers on removal ?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Scotty75

Scotty75 Well-Known Member Sportback Team Brilliant Black Silver Supporter S-line owners group Audi A3 Manual

@DJAlix ..... Any advice mate ?

14. DJAlix

Normally I would have a look at the factory procedures but I am currently waiting to jump on a flight so can't :( Am sure someone will pop along shortly with some information.

Scotty75 likes this.
  15. Scotty75

@DJAlix , sorry to tag you in this again but you were ever only one to respond. Any advice on removing the side skirt ?

16. DJAlix

The difference between me and my workshop computer at the moment :)

B8885D2C-0D41-4F14-A63F-91F174661FD0.png

Am not really gonna be of much help at the moment as I cannot suggest how to remove without seeing the correct procedure. I believe the skirts clip on to bolted and bonded mounting plates, however something tells me there might be some silicon in there also.

Scotty75 likes this.
  17. Scotty75

Sorry to pester you mate, didn't realise you were still away . I'll leaves you in peace. May pm you when you're back if that's OK. Meanwhile, enjoy your holiday

18. DJAlix

Am working, but software related works so only took two of my "coding" laptops with me. Am back after the 6th.

Scotty75 and T-800 like this.
  19. T-800

T-800 Guest

Shame on you, going away on holiday.........tut tut

DJAlix likes this.
  20. DJAlix

Have to take a break and gather my strength before Audi’s in The Park m8e. Gonna be a full on day!

Scotty75 and T-800 like this.
  21. Phone Tech

Phone Tech Member

Hello ppl anybody managed to install side skirts? Or this thread was just pointless talk? Like almost all threads here??

22. Scotty75

Really ....... Why are you here then ? Folks giving free advice can't always get the answers you want . Could always get yer money out and go to Audi I guess

AllanG likes this.
  23. DJAlix

Maxton Design

1C2101C5-96D5-407C-BC07-4B4CE8891417.jpeg 3643053E-8977-4BDB-AD20-D4958C0DA2CF.jpeg

Edit: Oh genuine side skirts. Detail has been posted before. The OEM ones come in two parts, a bracket and the skirt. Bracket is mounted and then skirt bond. There is a video of someone fitting them to a 2015 car above, suggest you watch that.

24. Phone Tech

Phone Tech Member

audi won't do anything.. they only want to sell you new car .. or repair car with crazy stupid prices

25. Phone Tech

Phone Tech Member

nicee well I purchased two in red I need to paint them in scuba blue and they has double sided sticky tape on it .. I don't have any brackets.. I was thinking stick them right on

26. DJAlix

Need to make sure they are secure once mounted. Am assuming you will have a body shop paint them so get them to bound / mount them also.

27. Phone Tech

Phone Tech Member

yeah .. 3 holes on the bottom and think 1 or 2 clips.. we will drill holes and use probably rubber grommets and plastic plugs for those 3 holes...
    And top will be sticked on ..

EDIT or I might get those legit brackets as well hmm and those screw on ..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  28. DJAlix

Install as per OEM to be honest. Audi / VW group install the way they do for a reason.

29. Phone Tech

Phone Tech Member

yeah found it on ebay from lithuania £60 quid one piece .. mgh another £120 pounds.. skirts cost me £100 and needs painting from red to scuba blue .. another £100 (facepalm)

Attached Files:

30. dp_motley

dp_motley 2012 A3 1.6 TDI S line 2019 A3 35TFSI S line Team Nano Grey Sportback TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group S tronic

Just glue them.

Phone Tech likes this.
  31. Herc88

Herc88 New Member

Is that safe if you stick only the side skirts?

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

32. IOANNIS CHALKIOTIS

IOANNIS CHALKIOTIS always calm.... for no reason

does anone have the part codes for the Facelifted Sportback??
    so it needs it brackets to mount stady and firm?

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. dp_motley

dp_motley 2012 A3 1.6 TDI S line 2019 A3 35TFSI S line Team Nano Grey Sportback TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group S tronic

I just was wondering if anyone managed to fit the RS3 side skirts to an A3/S3.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2019
  35. MSi

MSi Member

mechanik said don't bother car looks nice without them.. you need to do some drilling some just sticked on but you need have strong adhesive

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2019
  36. IOANNIS CHALKIOTIS

IOANNIS CHALKIOTIS always calm.... for no reason

the guy has bought the Skirts that glue direct on the original side panel....
    in the comment he sais he bought it direct from AUDI DEALERS
    this is the part..... no holes needed... i think

https://shops.audi.com/de_DE/web/zu...71685--9ax-14?category=8000:904_ASOS:Category

37. MSi

MSi Member

Yeh I decided to do skirts..
    And using double sided adhesive will be completely fine enough it is strong tape.. So I will stick brackets 2x tape all the way and + skirts itself 2x double-sided tape

IOANNIS CHALKIOTIS likes this.