How to find wheel cap size?

Fraysa

Reaction score
My buddy has a VW Golf MK 7.5 and I gave him my original 17" A3 8P wheels (P/N 8P0601025AL).

The caps on these wheels have P/N 4B06011707ZJ. He wants to put VW caps but we need to know the exact size of these caps or the equivalent P/N for VW.

I can't find any information on ETKA, any way to find the equivalent part for VW logo?

first of all have you checked the wheels will fit his car?
If they do, you need to measure the diameter of the holes the caps fit into in the centre of the wheel. Probably 56mm.
The equivalent golf at the time is the Mk 5 which will be on the same platform as your Audi. The standard wheels on the GTI were 17”. Auto trader produced this registration.
LF55HPN and so the part number I think you are looking for is
3B7601171.
Please check yourself, maybe make a small measuring guide from something like a lolly stick that = the diameter of your cap however remember the diameter of the hole in the wheel is the most important measurement. If you see a Mk 5 or infact any VW from that era have a quick measure.

first of all have you checked the wheels will fit his car?
If they do, you need to measure the diameter of the holes the caps fit into in the centre of the wheel. Probably 56mm.
The equivalent golf at the time is the Mk 5 which will be on the same platform as your Audi. The standard wheels on the GTI were 17”. Auto trader produced this registration.
LF55HPN and so the part number I think you are looking for is
3B7601171.
Please check yourself, maybe make a small measuring guide from something like a lolly stick that = the diameter of your cap however remember the diameter of the hole in the wheel is the most important measurement. If you see a Mk 5 or infact any VW from that era have a quick measure.

Thank you for the quick reply.

The wheels are already fitted on his car but with the Audi caps.

I found the Audi caps on Amazon, it says it's 60mm. I'm not sure if they mean the outside (badge side) is 60mm. What do you mean by "diameter of the hole"?

Thank you for the quick reply.

The wheels are already fitted on his car but with the Audi caps.

I found the Audi caps on Amazon, it says it's 60mm. I'm not sure if they mean the outside (badge side) is 60mm. What do you mean by "diameter of the hole"?

The Audi caps fit into the hole in the centre of the wheel.
The visible diameter of the cap will be more than the diameter of the hole they push into.
So that is the diameter you need to find.
However that part number I gave you should fit a Golf V and VI from 2004 to 2012.
If you took that registration for a Mk 5 GTi with 17” wheels I posted earlier into VW, they might confirm if that part number is correct.

The Audi caps fit into the hole in the centre of the wheel.
The visible diameter of the cap will be more than the diameter of the hole they push into.
So that is the diameter you need to find.
However that part number I gave you should fit a Golf V and VI from 2004 to 2012.
If you took that registration for a Mk 5 GTi with 17” wheels I posted earlier into VW, they might confirm if that part number is correct.

I ordered 3B7601171 because it's relatively cheap and it seems it will fit by size. The clips may be different but it shouldn't be hard to modify. I also ordered a chinese replacement for a custom 60mm size that might fit as well.

Thanks a lot.