How to fill dash hole

It can but only 50km by 50 km or something like that, I think they are making it larger soon though :)

Yeah, well you can take a square snapshot of a map, or do what I do. I make my phone a hotspot and set the directions up. It uses maybe 20mb if that, then I turn the hotspot off and its will of saved your route with a few minor detours etc. I am looking for a good offline map if anyone has got suggestions?

looks smooth, shame google maps can't run off just gps >.<

technically it can, i know on the phone you can select a portion of a map for offline e.g. it can download a portion of a map and save locally for just gps, i suppose you could select the whole uk but it would be huge.

on my navmii app the uk maps were 650mb to download but i have it all offline now works a treat

i couldn't get HERE to run properly on that unit, try the navmii, you won't be disappointed

Reactions: SnazzyWafles
Or get a decent mobile plan and use tethering as much as you want :) Three bundle 4GB of tethering with their all-you-can-eat data plans and I barely used 60% of this last month and that's with all the music streaming I tend to do.

you can also select in the settings what the NAVI hard button does so got mine to open that app

That brilliant, now i just need to work out how to get it on the device as the wifi reception seems to be absolutely god awful

yeah i'm on three but my phone is literally about to fall apart, getting a iPhone 6S 64gb on friday so i will start using it more for streaming then

Nice! Not sure if there is a similar app for iOS - on Android, I use tasker to turn on/off hotspot when it detects BT connection to the HU. Manages the internet stuff without me fumbling about all of the time.

nicely done, any apps you would recommend?

Depends what you want to use it for - here is a list of my most-used apps on the unit:

Music (offline and streaming): Google Music (Spotify work well too), sometimes use SoundCloud for DJ sets
Video: YouTube
Offline MP3 music: PowerAmp
Internet Radio: TunedIn - massive selection of stations and quality
Nav:
- Google Maps - default with most up-to-date maps and great traffic updates/re-routing
- Waze - For when I'm not on local roads and don't know where all the speed traps are located
- OsmAnd - For navigating down specific roads during an occasional early Sunday morning drive or offline nav
- CoPilot Premium - a good offline navigation app that I used to use on foreign trips. Not used it for a while after Three made data roaming free in most of europe
Car stats: Torque Pro

You'll need a rooted ROM for this, but 'ViPER4Android' is a great software sound processor that improves the stock EQ to give a richer sound

Reactions: SnazzyWafles and Smir