How to clean this....

thegoal007

Another S3 owner....
Reaction score
Image1.jpg

Can't seem to clean the grey bit. It just seems ingrained dirt.
I have tried claying it, as suggested by someone else, but still nothing. Any suggestions. I even used a bit of Jiff in a very small part and still won't shift it.

If it won't clean I was thinking of possibly sticking some carbon fibre over it ? I think it may compliment the colour of the car...maybe.

btw, I'm not after any comments on the chrome.......I've heard it all before.

Is it plastic trim or painted? Can't really tell. If its plastic trim you could try a quite strong mix of APC like Autosmart G101 or meguiars APC, then after its cleaned go over it with some plastic trim detailer to put a nice shine on it.

Oh and as for the carbon fibre, i think that would go pretty nicely but would do a few other bits in carbon fibre aswell.

I think it's plastic. Although it does feel like it's the same material as the rest of the lower bumper which has been painted, but it is a seperate piece.
The streaky marks looks as though it's gone through into the plastic ?

I'd just try do what i said, leave the apc on for awhile so it works well into it then give it a wipe over, after it's dried go over it with some trim detailer so bring some shine back to it.

paint it thats what i have done with mine! then u can just polish it when you clean the car

I was going to suggest trying gtechniq trim restorer? Or respray the area.

I gave mine a light T-Cut and then just put wax on it that i use for the rest of the car and it came up really nicely. i also did the same with the strips along the doors

i see a lot of dubbers using kiwi black shoe polish on plastic panels like that. they end up looking SUPER glossy and new looking, but it comes off eventually.

Apparently....Peanut butter for plastic trim....

It does work on some plastic's, just make sure you use the smooth stuff as the chunky stuff will look like someone has pebble dashed your bumper. Buy a good bumper and trim product.

G Techniq nuff said.

Are those Chrome trims put around your lights and around the bumper insert????

G