How to change 3.0 tdi fuel filter

vinpetrol

Reaction score
hi
Is there any thing I need to know regarding bleeding system of air once filter is replaced or is it a matter of simply filling filter with clean diesel fitting and then starting ?
I want to do this today If I can get an answer cheers

Vin

You need to fill the new filter with diesel or prime the system using VCDS.

Hi again Vin.
I've never filled the filter with fuel when changing it - maybe I'm wrong?
There's a 10mm bleed bolt that allows the filter to fill with fuel when cranking engine. I've always just fitted the filter undone the bleeder and cranked the engine until fuel comes out of the filter. Obviously you need a cloth to stop fuel spraying everywhere, including your eyes!
The filter is on the same side as the ignition switch, just put the car in park or neutral if manual and open the window. You can hold a cloth on the filter and crank engine at the same time. Stop cranking when fuel comes out. Tighten bleeder and bobs your uncle!
Stu

Reactions: vinpetrol
Hi again Vin.
I've never filled the filter with fuel when changing it - maybe I'm wrong?
There's a 10mm bleed bolt that allows the filter to fill with fuel when cranking engine. I've always just fitted the filter undone the bleeder and cranked the engine until fuel comes out of the filter. Obviously you need a cloth to stop fuel spraying everywhere, including your eyes!
The filter is on the same side as the ignition switch, just put the car in park or neutral if manual and open the window. You can hold a cloth on the filter and crank engine at the same time. Stop cranking when fuel comes out. Tighten bleeder and bobs your uncle!
Stu
Cheers for this
I'm going out to do it right now!
Vin

I had some diesel in a can so I filled the filter . It started straight away so no problems

Cheers

Vin

Reactions: Sturat