How reliable is the A8 D5 model

Mkay315

Reaction score
Morning all

I thought I would create a thread on here asking how reliable the A8 D5 model is as I've seen some reviews where people have said it's very good and others say it depreciates really badly. Any thoughts on this?

Cheers

The car itself is probably too new to know about long term reliability issues although first reviews are pretty good. The only issues I have ready about are battery issues some owners have had - one owner is on his 6th battery!

I think depreciation has to be taken in a different category. But yes, I know of someone who picked up a nearly £100k 6 month old for around half that If you are looking to buy, make sure you get a good deal as they are out there.

Reactions: Mkay315
The car itself is probably too new to know about long term reliability issues although first reviews are pretty good. The only issues I have ready about are battery issues some owners have had - one owner is on his 6th battery!

I think depreciation has to be taken in a different category. But yes, I know of someone who picked up a nearly £100k 6 month old for around half that If you are looking to buy, make sure you get a good deal as they are out there.
Oh wow. I slyly knew the car would depreciate but not by that much. I was still looking at the A4 B9 version but then I just glanced on autotrader for the A8 and I saw the prices and it had me in shock like oh wow it's not as expensive. But thank you for your thoughts. I appreciate it.

Reactions: Homer Simpson
If the price of the A8 D5 is good in the next few years then I may get this model as I was debating to myself whether after I get the A4 soon if this A8 will still be in good shape or whether I should go for the A6 C8 version

Well now after hearing the news of the new sale ban of petrol and diesel cars I feel as though the value of the A8 D5 will steeply decline.

What's people's thoughts on this?

10 years left before the ban and it's only for new car sales. I doubt it will depreciate any more than if the ban was not coming into effect

10 years left before the ban and it's only for new car sales. I doubt it will depreciate any more than if the ban was not coming into effect
I suppose but who knows. I can imagine seeing people getting a bargain for this car in a few years.

You may be in for a treat and hopefully you can take pictures of it when you get it :yahoo:. Any idea which trim you'd be looking to get when the time comes?

I haven't looked at the options on the D5 yet. I did drive one for a few weeks, was very nice. I'm not sure what the S8 has as standard but I would want a high spec, bit like my D3

I haven't looked at the options on the D5 yet. I did drive one for a few weeks, was very nice. I'm not sure what the S8 has as standard but I would want a high spec, bit like my D3
Oh alright. I think it's very spacious. I think the top spec may be Vorsprung. I do wonder if the D5 models offer 4 zone climate control.

Afternoon folks. I thought I'd revive this thread again. Does anyone on here have an A8 D5 model in the UK. If so how is it treating you so far?

Haven't owned a D5 but have driven one. Wasn't very excited about it. The interior is nice but there's something about it that felt very generic. Not as "special" as the D3 or D4 when they were the new flagships

Reactions: Mkay315