How Quiet Is Your Work??

loafy

Reaction score
Today had to go to the opposite end of the site to show my guys were to put some signs up, and i was impressed how quiet life can really be!!
So wonder who else has a quiet scene like these at work??
Plus i thought it might interest some people, being a windfarm, renewable energy and stuff.

dsc061259al.jpg

dsc061244ij.jpg

dsc061236od.jpg

i will post some pictures of the helicopter i have coming tomorrow for four days to pour concrete in remote areas.

Im a QS so it really depends on where the site is, can be as busy as a city main street, or as quiet as - well as the above lol.

Tomorrow im going to Dunbar which is quite a strange town, lots of very old people

rodenal said:
Im a QS so it really depends on where the site is, can be as busy as a city main street, or as quiet as - well as the above lol.

Tomorrow im going to Dunbar which is quite a strange town, lots of very old people

I Lived in Dunbar for a bit while working at the power station down the road not too bad a place.

My office is quite, Until lunch time the all hell breaks loose.
I'm a CE&I engineer ona nuclear plant , Sellafield!!!!

It would be quiet here but for the constant drone of the air conditioning and the tippity-tap-tapping on keyboards.

My place is completely opposite from that

I am about 20metres away from 3 x 6.75litre twin turbo V8's hammering at 4600rpm and a Twin turbo W12 6litre hammering at 6300rpm!

Very.

In the sticks surrounded by countryside. We're the eight acre caravan infested tarmac blot on the lovely landscape.

It's just the customers that ruin it.....

I couldnt be more oposite. I work in a small cubby hole type desk in IBM, GREENOCK. Total kack!! Anyone know any jobs going in Scotland???

RobinA3 said:
My place is completely opposite from that

I am about 20metres away from 3 x 6.75litre twin turbo V8's hammering at 4600rpm and a Twin turbo W12 6litre hammering at 6300rpm!

Where do you work fella??

any jobs goin for instrument and controls guys??? LOL

Well i am quite-ish .more planning at the moment .off to stockholm to do meal on Cruise Liner end of feb for 1200 people and a Event at princess street gardens for 1200 again so lots of prep to do.in the middle of the country so quite nice and peaceful

I normally work from home so its as quiet or loud as I want, a bit lonely though

Awwwww......Schucks all on yer own.... then move over Cos' thats what I do...Work from home and I like it... except when the "Little Ethnic Bar steward" runs about like a herd of Elephants, screaming at the top of her proverbial...Arrrghhh!

Even on dry days, she's in playing....Not OUTSIDE where she should be!

Biglockie said:
Where do you work fella??

any jobs goin for instrument and controls guys??? LOL

I work at Bentley Motors in Crewe, i'm an engine test cell engineer which basically means i get to mess with fuel guzzerling V8's and w12's.