How much will the A3 facelift affect depreciation?

PNH80

Low life livin' the high life.
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just out of curiosity, how much will the introduction of the A3 facelift model affect the value of the current models? I know it's purely a cosmetic change (and a minor one at that) but i'm guessing when 2nd hand examples start appearing on the market, current models will take a slight nose-dive?

Opinions?

PNH80 said:
Hello all,

Just out of curiosity, how much will the introduction of the A3 facelift model affect the value of the current models? I know it's purely a cosmetic change (and a minor one at that) but i'm guessing when 2nd hand examples start appearing on the market, current models will take a slight nose-dive?

Opinions?

Just changed to a new full grill 08 A3 from a split grill 05 A3 and they gave me damn near £12000 for that one (Both SE Spec petrols)

The differential price was similar to the 3 year change i used to have with my Vauxhall Astra's previously. So i personally dont think it will affect them a great deal at all. Older Audi's still demand a good price. :happy: :happy:

PNH80 said:
Hello all,

Opinions?
My guess is that the drop would only be significant for the oil burners, assuming the A3 gets the new 143 CR engine.

My guess is that the drop would only be significant for the oil burners, assuming the A3 gets the new 143 CR engine.

Don't think it will make too much difference, at least to start with, as most people who will be looking at a 2.0TDI-140 will be looking at that particular model because they cannot afford a new one.

If you want one of the new common-rail diesels you would have to be buying a new car rather than a second-hand one.

I'm not overly worried. Audis generally hold their prices well. The original 8P on 53/04 plates still demand a reasonable price

h5djr said:
Don't think it will make too much difference, at least to start with, as most people who will be looking at a 2.0TDI-140 will be looking at that particular model because they cannot afford a new one.

If you want one of the new common-rail diesels you would have to be buying a new car rather than a second-hand one.
Yep, good point.

Will probably only take effect after a year or so, when second hand 143's start to filter into the market.

I agree with all your comments. To be fair the diesels will be more affected than the petrols. If it was a totally new car prices would obviously dive but seeing as the facelift petrol cars will be exactly the same technology with minor cosmetic changes externally.... Wouldn't have thought prices will suffer too much.
Also....I personally prefer the current tail lights on the 3 door A3. From what i've seen the more narrow tail lights on the facelift make the back end look a bit 'saggy' in comparison.