How much to repair bumper scuff?

Migwire

Reaction score
Can't believe I just reversed into the house and scuffed all my bumper. Absolutely miles away! Any idea on cost to repair??

What a week.... Lost my dad, got a dreadful cold and now this - think I'll go sit under the stairs and cry!
eb7bcf9ec406bd81df9250d90da3c016.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ouch. Sorry to hear about your crappy week.

It looks like its not gone too deep and any decent body shop should be able to sort you out. i shouldn't think it would be more than a couple of hundred.

That said, it looks like you have Daytona Gray Pearl Effect paint...which is an expensive paint to source and difficult to match. I would recommend going to an Audi certified body shop, but in that case be prepared to pay more for an exact match.

I think it's mostly damaged the lacquer. And yeah, it is Daytona.

On top of everything you must feel gutted. If you take the car into an audi bodywork shop then they might well suggest the lower valance is replaced as that looks damaged as well, and isn't painted.

Sounds garbage mate! They say crap things happen in threes; certainly seems like you've had your three :blue:

On top of everything you must feel gutted. If you take the car into an audi bodywork shop then they might well suggest the lower valance is replaced as that looks damaged as well, and isn't painted.
You mean the titanium coloured part? There's a couple of little scuffs in it which I managed to lessen the appearance of with my finger nail.

Yes that part, you may be able to polish it out but when I managed to reverse my a3 into another car it left a mark in the valance and the audi bodyshop wanted to replace it....

Did you let them replace it?

Sorry to see that on your pride and joy. Had similar on back bumper £150+vat at ChipsAway.

Sorry to see that on your pride and joy. Had similar on back bumper £150+vat at ChipsAway.
What about lifespan of that repair? This car is a month old

Did you let them replace it?

The car was being p/x for my current a4 so no as I wasn't going to keep it. Even if I had the £1300 they wanted was far more than I was prepared to pay. To respray the bumber alone was £350 just in paint...

What about lifespan of that repair? This car is a month old

Not an issue. On my last car I sold it after three years and was still looking like factory finish, these guys are good.