How much to powerflex?

R0cket

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
i powerflex’d the whole front end on my mk4 golf and it handled really nicely.

I see on the rear of the S3 there’s 23 bushes!!

How much has anyone else replaced and what’s your feedback on them? I see on a few places you can only get the black ones rather than purple throughout. Also to anti-lift or just replace the bushes...

I'm currently doing every rear bush on mine to try and remedy a horrible rattle. Using Poweflex. It's still there so chances are it's the one or two I haven't changed yet which are the upper arm in and out and the lower spring mount inner.

So far I think I can feel a nice difference, everything feels tighter and a bit stiffer. You do notice some more rather quiet creaks though although I think that's fairly normal. Usually only on getting in and out the car.

I'm currently doing every rear bush on mine to try and remedy a horrible rattle. Using Poweflex. It's still there so chances are it's the one or two I haven't changed yet which are the upper arm in and out and the lower spring mount inner.

So far I think I can feel a nice difference, everything feels tighter and a bit stiffer. You do notice some more rather quiet creaks though although I think that's fairly normal. Usually only on getting in and out the car.

Have you fitted a rear subframe deadset kit? Possible your subframe is moving slightly - Tyrolsport do the kit.

Reactions: samuelh_888
5hrs to fit those shims? Surely it’s just loosen the bolts so the subframe drops down a few mm and then pop them in 1 by 1

5hrs to fit those shims? Surely it’s just loosen the bolts so the subframe drops down a few mm and then pop them in 1 by 1

Ahhh, you’d think so right. But because they remove any play once the back two are in there is very little play to fit the front. Honestly, budget 5 hours. @mechanic69 - how long did this take you?