How much to get Alloy's shot blasted?. And cheap tyres?.

rlc1985

top gear
Reaction score
Got 4 16' alloys gave to me that came off a 2005?, crysler pt cruiser, they have had ****ty chrome plastic trims stuck over the top that have really messed them up. It's going to be impossible to get a good hand finish by sanding and polishing. So got the option of sandblasting?. They also need 4 tyres aswell as there all knackered. I'm guessing the cheapest im going to get is about £30 a tyre pre worn?.

Think the model number for pt cruiser alloys are 2270, think they look alright. Got abit of a RS4 look about them.

2270.jpg

Last edited:
i had someone shot blast my allos for £50. lots ofpaint stripper will work too though.

tyres, pre worn around £25-30 each for 16's as you say. or under £200 for brand new budget like kuhmo.

check they fit first though before spending time and money on them. offset?

I have put one on my car and it seemed to go on alright, abit of a tight fit though. Look's nice though, but they are in such a state due to the laquer peeling off and the glue and alloy corrosion what ever you would call it. Been quoted £40, through a mate of mine. But they haven't seen the state of them yet haha :) The good thing is there not scuffed or curbed. So for under £200 could have some ok alloys with tyre's. Want to get some good laquer that will go over bare alloy when polished up aswell. O and i'm not sure about the offset and how much it would effect the car.