How much is your insurance??

There are some advantages in being old. I'm 62 have max no claims, protected, no points currently and I pay £268 for insurance.

I'd rather pay a bit more cash and not smell of TCP.

28yo - 2.0FSI Sportsback - Fully comp with me and the wife with 1st Quote £407.

23, S3, 0 NCB, 3 Points, £1650 fully comnp, Admiral... gonna go up though as i think i got some points coming... :3sadwalk:

I've found Swiftcover.com to be the cheapest year on year for me. They gave me a good settlement figure when I wrote my old Merc off a couple of years ago and I still only pay £220 fully comp for the Audi with protected NCB.

£85 a month on my A3 2.0T Quattro with directline. Am 25 with 3yrs NCB and my girlfriend (also 25) with her DR10.
Directline have always done right by me, got the Audi at 23 with 1yrs NCB and it was £1200 for me and my dad. Only problem is they dont insure performance mods so will have to move next year when I get the remap (and my girlfriends DR10 is gone)

£620 for me 26 with 6 yrs protected N.C.B.

That's on a 2005 3.2.

Not too bad but I still feel cheated!

I'm 65 - no points - full no claims protected bonus (70%)

Two named drivers ( my wife and me )

2005 2.0 TDI Sport

£263 with Esure

I'm 65 - no points - full no claims protected bonus (70%)

Two named drivers ( my wife and me )

2005 2.0 TDI Sport

£263 with Esure

(checks another thread....) :detective2:

66 this year - maybe that's why I have difficulty understanding some acronyms (lmfao)!!!!! :unsure:

Actually I think I've got that one !!

Just making sure!! :happy:

Driving 1 year with 1 year NCB
Clean licence
£2250 company called fluxdirect was the cheapest by a long shot at the time.

19 yrs old
0 NCB
3 points
2.0 tdi s line
£1200 with more than.

39yo
15y ncb
0 points in last 16years
£196 fully comp protected with Direct Line for S3
£98 TPFT via Carole Nash on the 'Ace

Cheers,

wow... I think I have most of you beat...

31yo

no claims in 8+ years and fully insured I am paying about $200 CAD which comes up to about £126 per month...

2008 2.0T Fsi Sportback btw.

Welcome to Canada... bring your own lube...

£244 per year with protected claims cover-legal-drive abroad & a few other bits & pieces.

£117 a month on a 2.0 TDI (21, Birmingham, 3 yrs NCB)

My 1.8 Corsa cost more...

I'm 25 1yr NCB and pay £1117 on an S3.....This is with admiral.

I did a quote for fun to see maybe how much my renewal would be with 2YRS NCB and it went up to £2200?!!!!

19, 2004 2.0tdi 140, 2 yrs ncb, £1055 with Endsleigh.

Mum and Dad as named drivers (dad has loads of bikes and doesnt have a car, so he either uses mine or my mums, so got a valid reason for it even though neither of them would be trusted in my car!)

I'm 25 1yr NCB and pay £1117 on an S3.....This is with admiral.

I did a quote for fun to see maybe how much my renewal would be with 2YRS NCB and it went up to £2200?!!!!

Apparently premiums have gone up 20% on average due to the number of claims over the winter due to snow and ice :(

Still seems an excessive increase though!

Apparently premiums have gone up 20% on average due to the number of claims over the winter due to snow and ice :(

Still seems an excessive increase though!

I tried again just now and its still like £2156? I rang them up before and they said it changes every month (price)

Dunno what I am meant to do? I swear insurance is meant to get cheaper when your older not more expensive!

19 yrs old
0 NCB
3 points
2.0 tdi s line
£1200 with more than.

Who provides your insurance? any named drivers? This seems to be really cheap, almost too cheap as i have a fault accident and same am 18 and my insurance on a 1.6 is averaging at 5k+, you have 3 points which is seemed to increase insurance price more than fault accidents and it is cheaper? Please explain...

Who provides your insurance? any named drivers? This seems to be really cheap, almost too cheap as i have a fault accident and same am 18 and my insurance on a 1.6 is averaging at 5k+, you have 3 points which is seemed to increase insurance price more than fault accidents and it is cheaper? Please explain...

It says £1200 with "more than"

Well being an old git of 49 and 14 months i paid
£340 on a 3.2 with 35 years no claims ( until last week) .lol luckily protected no claims. 0 points..Via Admiral

green light insurance £427 with five years no claims protected on a 07 a3 170tdi , 29 years old , recommend them to all of you !

Insurance is not really that comparable unless you live in the same area as most of it is a post code lottery

£730 for me 27 male with 8 yrs protected N.C.B with a A3 1.8T Quattro 2000 (group 15)

My post code don't help. If i lived at my dads address would of been £450 :-(

Sorry posted this in the wrong thread mines a 8L !

Just went with Greenlight there on the 17th July

£672 on my S3, mods declared.
25 with 6/7 NCB's and no points

Was previously with Direct Line for £800 when I was 24 but they offered me a renewal of £1100 lol When I asked them why the price increase they told me it was due to the number of claims put in during last winter :S I don't know why I should suffer for other peoples mistakes!

23yrs old
04 Reg A3 3.2 S-Line
4yrs NCB
No Points
Fully Comp
£1192 with Sky Insurance

Does anyone live in inner London (not within congestion zone but outside) with a 'High risk' band post code?

If so what company do you use?