And who is it with?
Just had a quote today
£27 a month
direct line
9+ years no claims
edit
ooops
2.0 tdi sport 2005

Mine is due for renewal soon at the moment I am with Elephant and have 4 years no claims and have a 2.0tdi se and pay £128 a month :-(

and there was me thinkning mine was high!!

£1000 a year for me (23 year old male, no no claims but no accidents in 3 years), my sister (22) and my parents. would defos recommend admiral multicar if you've got a few cars in your family. they don't even have to be kept at the same address.

I got a quote for my new one when it arrives, Elephant, 4 YR NCB A3 2.0 140TDi BE - £263p/a :) Actually cheaper than the Ibiza FR I dirve at the minute - don't make sense really! Oh and i'm 27.

Hehe, about £130-odd at the moment on the old company car tax but then that's literally all I pay for aside from personal fuel so still a good deal :)

I hate you

20 years old
1 years NCB
2007 2.0TDI 170

Paying £1400

Haha...Who you with mate? Its not that bad £1,400, my insurance would be lower if i added my 15% discount on top.
Dont matter anyway i dont have a 2.0tdi was the quotes i was getting when i put a deposit on one.
Also if you add a female drive to the policy it drop in price.

Last edited:
I paid £1400 for an Astre GTE Cab 15yrs ago !!

The car was only £2500:scared2:

£2,750 fully comp only driver
1 ncb
my areas been blacklisted so its gunna go up

Add a Driver even if it is your mum, for some unknown reason having a another named driver on the policy reduces it,,,, DON'T ask me why, it is a stupid stat that ins companies say that people with named drivers policy's have less accidents/claims, I think that is stupid and false to think that you are less likely to have an accident cos someone else is on the policy

Hehe, about £130-odd at the moment on the old company car tax but then that's literally all I pay for aside from personal fuel so still a good deal :)

Guess we will let you off with that one then! Nice car - fully expensed for £130p/m - couldn't get finance for a blinking Kia at that! lol :p

About £450 for me on a 3.2. Been quoted £600ish for an M3 (albeit garaged with tracker), so not unhappy with that either

The joys of being over 30, 7 years NCB, 0 points and living in a posh village!

A3 2.0 tdi 170 (2007)
5 years NCB
24 years old
£675.30
just renewed it

£2,750 fully comp only driver
1 ncb
my areas been blacklisted so its gunna go up

Holy heavens above!!! you pay that much to insure a diesel!?!? Thats absurd, I hate insurance companies.

Would it not be cheaper for you to actually move to another area!?

About £450 for me on a 3.2. Been quoted £600ish for an M3 (albeit garaged with tracker), so not unhappy with that either

The joys of being over 30, 7 years NCB, 0 points and living in a posh village!

All makes a big difference eh Pete. I haven't paid over £500 for ages now for any of my cars.

All makes a big difference eh Pete. I haven't paid over £500 for ages now for any of my cars.

Even better was my bike insurance - with Quidco it came to £24 for the year! Unbelievable...

1000 a year for the s3, 600 a year for the a3 3yrs ncb 1 accident (gone soon :)) male 22 years old garaged no points

I'm 19 currently with aviva
last year I owner a 03 fiesta 1.4 lx, insurance with endsleigh, and it cost..... £5,300
had to pay £381 a month, even with a named driver its high so mayswel just "ride solo" an get the ncb

I'm 19 currently with aviva
last year I owner a 03 fiesta 1.4 lx, insurance with endsleigh, and it cost..... £5,300
had to pay £381 a month, even with a named driver its high so mayswel just "ride solo" an get the ncb

mate thats stupid price, so you actually paid that? Dont mean to sound rude or anything but your insurance was worth more than the car. You need to shop around a bit more before paying insurance lol, add your mum, gf or a sister to a policy even an auntie or cousin or any random girl you may know lol and the price will go down quite alot. Also if you put your annual miles down insurance will be cheaper.
I checked last week on a B5 Rs4 with discount from work £2,000 dont ask me how its cheaper than an S3, i'm waiting a reply back from work lol

1000 a year for the s3, 600 a year for the a3 3yrs ncb 1 accident (gone soon :)) male 22 years old garaged no points

Thats not a bad price mate :) i checked for an S3 right now with discount from work £2,500! Think i'll wait till i get my 1ncb & a bit more discount haha

mate thats stupid price, so you actually paid that? Dont mean to sound rude or anything but your insurance was worth more than the car. You need to shop around a bit more before paying insurance lol, add your mum, gf or a sister to a policy even an auntie or cousin or any random girl you may know lol and the price will go down quite alot. Also if you put your annual miles down insurance will be cheaper.
I checked last week on a B5 Rs4 with discount from work £2,000 dont ask me how its cheaper than an S3, i'm waiting a reply back from work lol

Thats not a bad price mate :) i checked for an S3 right now with discount from work £2,500! Think i'll wait till i get my 1ncb & a bit more discount haha

yeah the main reason i decided to go out and get one, the quote is no longer valid though and im scared to get another ill have to soon though!

would actually be a good idea to post companies too i suppose so we can start playing the best off each other mine is admiral

would actually be a good idea to post companies too i suppose so we can start playing the best off each other mine is admiral

Agree. no point trying to play Admiral, Elephant or Bell Car insurance again each other as Admiral own both of them.

yeah the main reason i decided to go out and get one, the quote is no longer valid though and im scared to get another ill have to soon though!

Dont blame you if my insurance on an S3 now was £1,500 or even just below £2k i'd go and get on. You should be fine mate getting another quote from them, just put everything the same in as you did before. Could even be cheap as time goes on.

31 yrs old, 4 yrs no claims protected, London on a drive, 2.0 TFSI Quatt with most of my mods declared, with Admiral, £700, went up this year, first time ever!

20 years old, fully comp, 3yrs no claims, 3 points, £1,250 directline. not bad considering i paid £2,100 on a peugeot 307 1.4i when i was 17 :keule:

Being a golden oldie at 41........... 380 quid a year, 12 years NCD protected , no points ( ever ) and I though that was steep ! How the hell some of you manage to stomach these insurance prices, it must be a killer !
Mind you back in the dark ages when I were a lad my first car was a 1000cc mini that cost 300 quid and the insurance was 400 quid for 3rd party F&T, so relatively speaking not much has changed I suppose. Inflation eh !!

There are some advantages in being old. I'm 62 have max no claims, protected, no points currently and I pay £268 for insurance.