How much is the old dear worth

rodenal

Reaction score
Anybody got an idea what my '97 R 1.6 Sport might be worth?

90k, no history as such - old mots and some reciepts. Very recent cambelt change, bodywork isnt great, no dents or dings but there are some stone chips on the bonnet and a couple on the doors.

I guess people wont expect a 10 yr old car to be perfect tho.

Cleans up nice too :yes:

If anybody has a glasses guide that goes far enough back then that would be ideal, all the ones i have access to start at 99

No parkers valuations as they say the cars worth about 4 grand, which it isnt.

just checked, although they do list your model from 96-03, they only list prices from 1999.. doh..need to get the book!

check pistonheads and autotrader for a general feeling on price...

Just had a look on that and its the same unfortunately, only goes back to an S Reg, which it rather worryingly values at 3 grand lol

Dont actually know, was really hoping about 2.5k, trying to look through the autotrader but peoples ideas about what their cars are worth seem to vary wildly, even with silly mileages

Ali, i would stick a nice little ad on pistonheads tonight, starting at £2750 to see what people are willing to offer buddy..

your second pic looks really clean, and well taken.

I'd have said you're about rigth at £2500. Too much more and people will go for a 18T maybe, but with cheaeper insurance on yours, its ideal for a younger driver. At £2k-2500 would make someone a tidy car!

Good luck with it.

cleans up nice, with the 18" rims.
What's all that blah blah under the 1.6 though? I'd run a mile at that. Like when people debadge, then play around with 'creative' repositioning.

Lol, all it says is Sport, the trim level like on any other A3 sport. :p

Audi really were doing well, to design this car 10 years ago weren't they?

The Peugeot 306 wasn't far before that, and I loved my 3 door XS at the time, but when you look at em now, they're very outdated with the Cortina style front end.

I know, i really do love the way the car still looks up to date, its just a shame its got the economy of a 5 litre V8 or i'd be keeping it.

For a 10 year old car it looks good to me. Whats wrong with the economy. what mpg are you getting?

about 28-30, and theres nothing wrong with it, or my right foot. :blush:

In my S3 i get 33.5mpg. Something sounds wrong there if you ask me.

There honestly isnt, its just an old, **** engine they're all like that.

Been offered 3 grand for it as a trade in which im perfectly happy to take

Thtas got to be worth more than 3 grand. surely. The alloys alone are worth at least £500.