How much is everyone paying for insurance on the Audi S5 /A5?

Steven s 78

Reaction score
Hi guys new member made this thread as im considering buying An audi S5 Sportback in early 2018. Been doing insurance quotes And they are very expensive cheapest I have got is £1700. Im 39 Full uk clean license held for over 20 years . Good low crime postcode. In comparison my current car insurance is costing me £300 fully comp on a New Golf bluemotion. Dont understand why its so costly.

Who are you getting quotes from?!

I'm 23, 6 years driving and 5 years no claims, Aviva have quoted me £800-£900

I was originally with AXA who quoted 1700 on renewal when I change to the S5 from my current A7. Switched to direct line as they were quoting under 700 (less than the A7) to insure the S5. I made sure they had the exact car on the phone as I didn't believe they'd be so much cheaper than AXA but they confirmed it. I live in Belfast so it's usually more expensive (I think we're still terrorists, not sure)

£760 with LV on a A5 2.0 diesel with 20,000 miles a year, I'm 25 and live in Peterborough.

£405 with direct line, 12 years NCD - Protected, legal cover 8000 miles a year. All others were coming in around £600 a year...

42, 4 years no claims, central London, £1,100 fully comp with Direct Line.

33y old, 5y no claim, wales, £740 with quotemehappy for my S5 Sportback
1700, thats bonkers... have you tried compare websites, like comparethemarket, etc? Thats where i get mine all the time.

You might find that it will go down considerably after you have actually owned the car for a year. but yeah it sucks. I pay through the nose in Birmingham.

Paying £440 with Chris Knott through the forum, but Im nearly 50 and have 15+ years NCB in Lancashire.

Try the forums insurance companys, you never know

;)

I'm getting the 2.0 190bhp petrol and it's coming in at £100 more than my 300bhp S3!!! :blink:

Mines about £500, I’m 37 with 10 years no claims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£620 S5 SB with direct line. 10 years no claims, 30 years old and added the wife who has points!

S5 sportback, £450, 10k miles, small low crime village with Aviva. 38 years old and 12 years no claims. I thought pretty reasonable considering.

Hi guys new member made this thread as im considering buying An audi S5 Sportback in early 2018. Been doing insurance quotes And they are very expensive cheapest I have got is £1700. Im 39 Full uk clean license held for over 20 years . Good low crime postcode. In comparison my current car insurance is costing me £300 fully comp on a New Golf bluemotion. Dont understand why its so costly.
Hi and welcome.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.
Regards,
Dan.

Hi.
You stated your age, explained a bit about where you live etc which looks average, but surely you must have licence points or claimed through some sort of insurance in the not so distant past?
I can only guess you have, or the premium would not be so high.
Sneaky buggers insurance.

* edit , just read the clean licence bit, any other insurance claims at all in the house hold?

As others have said it's worth checking with different insurers. My insurer about 2 years ago sent me my renewal letter and the premium of about £1,100 was being increased to almost £4K!!! And there were no points on my license, no accidents / claims etc. (absolutely nothing had changed other than I had an extra year of no claims). I rang the insurer and they just said their criteria had changed. Quick check on a comparison site had options from £750 upwards (£3,250K less!). More madness!

Reactions: Steven s 78 and CHEZ
As said, you need to peruse the quotes.
I normally spend a few hours a night a week before renewal getting quotes, chopping and changing different criteria like voluntary excess, garaged or parked on a drive etc on comparison sites to try and drive the price down.
Also paying monthly can ramp up the premium because of ridiculous Apr rates that they incur

£750 here, 32, 7 years NCD but a non fault accident in 2014 that seems to still count against me.

Living in the city is a nightmare because of the high crime rates, even though I have my car parked in a secure carpark overnight.

When I eventually get mine (S5 Coupe) it’ll be £450 with 21yrs NCD (44 years old) - the same as my 435D (both group 42 I think).

Thx for the replies. I had a non fault accident 2.5 years ago therefore I only have 2 years no claims at the moment as it wasnt protected ncb.

I've got a A5 Coupe 2.0 TFSI S Line 190, 23 Years old 4 years no claims £750 per year

Well the Insurance for the Audi is in my mrs name as she is the main driver of the car. We are both 23 years old and live in a low risk postcode. She has 4 years no claims, I am added on as a named driver due to me having a company car. Our Insurance is with LV, fully comp with personal cover, courtesy car and legal cover. Interesting previous to the A5 we had a Audi A1 which was around £1000 to insure.

Well the Insurance for the Audi is in my mrs name as she is the main driver of the car. We are both 23 years old and live in a low risk postcode. She has 4 years no claims, I am added on as a named driver due to me having a company car. Our Insurance is with LV, fully comp with personal cover, courtesy car and legal cover. Interesting previous to the A5 we had a Audi A1 which was around £1000 to insure.

23 here also, but couldn't be quoted by LV due to age? Sticking with Aviva