How much for new rotar?

elton121272

Reaction score
Was considering an extra rotar as a spare - anyone know how much they cost and if there is any discount for a set (in case any other takers?)

i'll hazard a wild guess at about £800 per alloy knowing the stealers???

cheers,

Good guess, £700-£800 depending on the wheel size/type.

Good guess, £700-£800 depending on the wheel size/type.

Cheers for the reality check NHN......well that's the end of that idea.....I'd rather run the rubber off the rim, disintegrate the alloy and chance my arm by blaming the end result on brake squeal.......

As I would be saving the canister in the boot for filling the gasps from our friends at Audi UK, who have left all us loyal owners with what can only be described as visually "a true thoroughbred", mechanically "a 5 pot stroke of genius that NASA would be proud of" and audibly "the screeching squeal of an old bread van"......

i will be asking Audi UK on Monday how much for a set of 4 ring ear muffs and a branded balaclava.......

Reactions: quattro81, 45bvtc, robbiemac and 2 others
Elton, they are £707 including the VAT, I bought one last year, luckily I managed to get some serious discount on it, but it's still eye watering....

Is it me or are we seeing some real RS3 problems lately, fuel sensor or something recall, brake pad issues, cant recall others but seems there's some issues arising which surely should of been realised in developement, poor imho for an RS model.

Is it me or are we seeing some real RS3 problems lately, fuel sensor or something recall, brake pad issues, cant recall others but seems there's some issues arising which surely should of been realised in developement, poor imho for an RS model.

I'm taking talk of recalls with a pinch of salt ;) Spoke to Audi UK this week regarding this and there seems to be a lot less recalls for the RS3 than has been seen on here.

Brake squeal is the real issue here... having said that mine is in on Monday for loss of coolant!

Yeah that was another, few have reported this.

Audi UK wouldnt admit one of there flagship cars as such, has a number of issues, they're really not that honest, if at all lol.

The problem here is that the car is so good in so many other ways that it makes you very tolerant of things that you wouldn't put up with under other circumstances.

NHN, to be fair forums tend to promote the worst in cars and not the best because people come to them for help / or a rant / combination of both. There are probably as many issues with the RS3 as there is with the RS4 (B5,7 or 8), RS5, RS6 (C5&6) or R8.

And looking at BMW, Jaguar, Ford, Vauxhall or Merc forums they are often worse!

There are what 6-700 RS3's out there yet you have around 5-10% of those on here making complaints about various issues, is that a true representation? It is unfortunate owners are having issues and I sincerely hope they get resolved but perspective is required, not propoganda.

The problem here is that the car is so good in so many other ways that it makes you very tolerant of things that you wouldn't put up with under other circumstances.

EXACTLY what I told Sander, Westwood, Stephenson, and Co., in January 2013 i.e., sort the bl**dy brake squeal out (even temporarily) and 75% of the other issues will go away.

The majority of 'moans', legitimate though they are on a 40K car, are on being loaded onto the back of the brake squeal annoyance that most of now have - and IF you haven't experienced brake squeal yet then I'll bet you soon will!

A GREAT motorcar the RS3, being spoiled by incompetents, what a shame!