how much do you think this is worth?

paul_brad

Reaction score
with reference to my earlier post on which s3 to get, how much would you expect to pay for this (private sale). I thought the amount he wanted was too much...

2001 x-reg facelift
absolute red
blue alcantara
proper audi brushed wing mirrors
sunroof
armrest
46k miles
standard wheels
FSH etc, really mint condition.

and indeed, would you get a red one with blue/black interior?

i wouldnt like to comment on what its worth, but has someone seriously chosen to spec blue alcantara with a red car :S sounds lovely otherwise, but that colour scheme :Sits gotta be worth over 10k hasnt it?

OK, it's up for 11k, and he didn't want to consider anything nearer 10 than 11... Parkers and Glass' has it down at just under 10, but it seems to me that s3s go for perhaps a little more than these guide prices?

trade in price is £8,800 Audi dealer price is £11,000 so private is £10k

strange colour combo, i'd check the build spec with audi customer services, could be that its had the interior changed for some reason.....

thanks guys. i assume when you buy them new, you get a choice of all the interiors to apply to whichever body colour you've gone for.

The red and blue is dramatic, I'll give it that. Wasn't opposed to it to be honest, just be worried about putting off people if I bought it, then resold x years later. Realistically he's not going to come below 10.5k, so will let it pass I think.

Having seen those wingmirrors close up, I realise now the difference between the full silver mirrors, and the plastic clip on covers that most people seem to have whacked on after. They were very nice.