How much do you lie to your missus about the cost of your Audi???

silver75

Big Ron
Reaction score
Was reading a really funny thread on PH today which reminded me of my current situation. My bird keeps going on about going away for holidays/weekends etc.. I say I have no money then turn around and pay 400 squid on colour coding my bumpers and mods.
Must have spent a grand on my car this month on repairs/mods(she doesnt know this) but it looks and rides the nuts....:racer:
Its got to the stage where Im contemplating taken time off work (without telling her) and getting my eibachs/bilsteins/spacers/aero wipers/re-trim fitted and hoping she doesnt notice...:sly:

So true! I blame annoying things that go wrong with it, that shouldn't, on wear and tear and then round down the cost so she doesn't moan as much. She is determined that the car needs to go but I can't bear to part with it, whatever I own will cost money.

I know what u mean, my GF will moan if she knows about me buying mods for my car. They just dont understand!

She is always going on about going away for weekend or week breaks.

Least she neva notices if my car has any changes.

Like when i fitted the coilovers she thought the ride was a bit bumpier (which it is) but i just said must be the road surface!!

Only way she knows is if she sees the boxes the bits have come in.

Have to agree, i am aweful at buying things and then saying oh that, i've had that for ages.

Ebay, dudes... everything you buy comes from Ebay for a quid.:hi:

jojo said:
needed new pads and disks up front, I buy a Brembo GT kit as replacement

:biggrin: :biggrin:
Good to know im not the only audi-sporter who is more economical with the truth than his wallet:biggrin:

yup - have to agree - my remap in 3 weeks is designed to make the car more fuel efficient and will only cost about £200 :whistle2:

not sure how i'm going to blag the suspension upgrade which is next on the list, might just have it done and blame the roads etc

just hope she doesn't read my bank statement otherwise i'm in for some "downtime" :p

I tell Rachel everything to be honest :)

She's the bread winner at the moment and I'm housedad to the wee boys,.........so it'd be difficult to tell porkie-pies even if I was that way inclined :biggrin:

Having SAID that, I don't think she's quite grasped how much money has gone into the Astra LOL!!!!

Did have ...but my new girlfriend is quite relaxed as long as we have nice nights out and meals she is happy...very lucky

I aint told my bird about my remap or lowering she'd kill me. now im selling it lookin at a b5 s4. but the way things are at the moment dont think ill be with my bird for long 2 many arguements she wants more commitment n am only 23! scary i still need to sort my self out with a proper job now that i have graduated.

great thread! I put some 19 " rims on my A3 and even a rieger front bumper and my bird didnt even notice. I told her a month later I got the wheels off ebay (kind of true as the seller was commercial but advertising on ebay but was ebayish with the price i.e. told her price of the alloys without tyres which at £500ish sounded not too bad!).

She actually quite liked the rieger front bumper once I pointed it out but still rounded down the price a bit! Gotta stick some rieger side skirts on it soon but cant find a good supplier in the Uk, PSG bodystyling near Stoke fit the rieger front bumper but have been stalling on getting the sideskirts.

Didnt bother telling her about lowering and fitting wheel spacers. The rest of the car is stock, honest! until I get a remap that is :biggrin:

cooky

I am getting loads of grief form dusty pan at the moment. Just had the water pump, cambelt, service, exhaust, air filter, remap and coil packs. Hope she doesnt notice I sold all the wedding presents in the loft and her dress on Ebay!

In situations like this I find forgiveness is easier than permission :whistle2:

Not so much on this car but when I had the Supra i was haemorraging money like you can't believe, 900 quid for an imported blitz exhaust, 500 quid for a clifford concept 400 and intellistart, HKS fmic, Greddy hose kit, Even plugs were around 25 nicker each...

Haven't told the missus about my 700 quid set of golf clubs yet either...

Here's my latest one, tyres are low on my Passat, and the other half kerbed one of my wheels around 6 months ago, I told her we need new set of wheels, cos the damage one is gonna rust right through over time lol... now I just gotta pick a new set of wheels :D

Nice one Jojo. I am about to go for the new wheels one as my tyres have a few thousand in them and I have told her we may as well get new alloys as it the same price as tyres. White lie, but how else can I get 18's!

i recently bought alloys about 3 weeks ago and s4 side skirts and bumpers and ordered an rs4 grille yesterday, she asked where u getting all the money from n i said eh a got the bumpers and skirts for £150 and the wheels where only £300 a always get real good bargins :lmfao: if only!!! :laugh: they should just leave us to it and stop askin questions, we dont ask them how much their shoes clothes etc....

LOL, being someone who regularly sees the other side I know what you guys are going through. The amount of customer's who say "shhhhhh don't tell the wife/GF" is incredible but being someone who always keeps the customer happy who am I to argue?
But I dread to think how many arguements I have caused once the wife/gf has found out!!!

MikeA3 said:
yup - have to agree - my remap in 3 weeks is designed to make the car more fuel efficient and will only cost about £200 :whistle2:
It will if you go to chipped-uk.I paid £225 for my remap.:rockwoot:

I must be lucky,ive spent over £3500 on my car and ive only had it since April and the missus knows about every thing:yes:

Missus drove car once when I got it, then again a few months later after Re-map, she said it felt different, I convinced her that it was due to her driving her SDI Polo that she forgot how good my car was, this combined with a internet only based credit card = :)

What they don't know can't hurt.

TDI-line said:
I bought touch-up paint for my car, she knows nothing about this he he.
Your risking it a bit :)

LottieA3 said:
Ah I feel sorry for you guys, you should all get a wife like me...tee hee...

Im alright, me and lady palm have no secrets...

How do they not notice mods.
Can't understand but i love cars and always will.
Me and Slug talk each other into gettings things. But this costs us a fortune as we are finding out next week with the Eibachs, Bilsteins and remap x 2.

But your one in a million Miss Viper, most g/f / wives just think a car is a car. Shame really.

MissyViper, did you just happen to forget that you have the newer car, it's a newer model with a newer engine with more power and it costs more than Sluggys motor lol

Hummmmmmmm,,, interesting thread. I like the idea of changing the Wife/ GF.

Not that I need anything doing to the car............!!

jdp1962 said:
For the same reason that you never notice her new hair-do....

this catches me out all the time... :redface:

"...:motz: you never notice anything, I dont know why I bother, your obsessed with that car...." :blahblah1:

Since I just became unexpectedly single, I think I'll be spending some money on the other love in my life and get some mods out the way while I'm single.. ;)

It seems I may be "lucky".

My wife knows about the cost of the car and all the mods. In fact I even put it in her name as she uses it more than I do.

She enjoys track days and has driven one and attended loads. She's probably done 30 odd laps as a passenger around the 'ring.

As some of you have seen in my videos, she encourages me to "drive" by operating as my co-driver when we're on the continent (my observation is limited being on the 'wrong side' so she points out hazards etc) and more importantly tells me when it's clear to overtake ("Go, go, go!")

Although it's only me working now as she stays at home being a Mummy, we share everything. If she wants something she buys it and if want something I buy it.

No secrets and it's all fair. I thought that's what relationships were meant to be about but judging by this thread very few people are in that position.

I do feel lucky but I actually have the opposite problem. I have a wife telling me to buy an RS4/track toy/etc. The problem is that I have to finance it!

scoTTy said:
No secrets and it's all fair. I thought that's what relationships were meant to be about but judging by this thread very few people are in that position.
You and me both, Scotty. Whatever I spend on the car, I never hide it from my wife. To be honest, I've found some of the posts on here a bit silly, as if people were trying to out-boast each other about how much they could spend and conceal from their other halves.

They should just consider themselves lucky they've got the spare cash to do it. Even if I wanted to spend fortunes every month on remaps, suspensions mods & new wheels, I couldn't do it without racking up a massive credit card debt.