How much Coolant do i need?

jarhead

Reaction score
I'm changing the timing belt on my 2.0 bkd a3, how much coolant does it take as i didn't get an owners manual with the car and i'm flushing the system and changing the water pump while i'm at it...
Cheers
J.

8 Litres according to my haynes manual.

G13 - Sold in 1.5 litre bottles at VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda dealers, which needs mixing with water, cant remember the ratio but I'd buy 3 so you have enough and some spare. IIRC it's about a tenner a bottle.

Edit: some digging found correct mixture for UK is 3 parts water to 2 parts coolant, so 3 bottles should do it no problem. Also, it is recommended you use distilled water and not tap water to ensure you get the full anti corrosion benefits.

Last edited:
8 Litres according to my haynes manual.

G13 - Sold in 1.5 litre bottles at VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda dealers, which needs mixing with water, cant remember the ratio but I'd buy 3 so you have enough and some spare. IIRC it's about a tenner a bottle.

Edit: some digging found correct mixture for UK is 3 parts water to 2 parts coolant, so 3 bottles should do it no problem. Also, it is recommended you use distilled water and not tap water to ensure you get the full anti corrosion benefits.

Cheers :) will call to vw in the morning