How much are S3 silver mirrors worth?

RobinA3

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I am getting more and more worried about my silver mirrors being nicked.

How much are these things actually worth?

£100ish seems about the going rate for a used pair.

its sad that the scum are stealing these mirrors, only way to secure it i think is to build a garage big enough to keep the car safe... then you hear of those tramps that break into the house for the keys of the cars :ohmy:

They are only worth £100 because people are stupid enough to buy them off e-bay from the gits that nicked them in the first place...

If people didn't buy them the ******** wouldn't nick them.....simples.

They are only worth £100 because people are stupid enough to buy them off e-bay from the gits that nicked them in the first place...

If people didn't buy them the ******** wouldn't nick them.....simples.

Not true, I nicked mine myself from an S3 in a multi storey, as I didn't want to buy from eBay and support the thieves.

Not true, I nicked mine myself from an S3 in a multi storey, as I didn't want to buy from eBay and support the thieves.

Yea ok..you got me there...thats how i got my car in the first place never mind the mirrors..:think:

Not sure about you but I reckon a mod should delete this topic as it let's scumbags know how much they can nick a set for!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by V6Pete
Matt finish (similar to brushed alu) are genuine S3. All shiny chrome ones are fake fake fake.

bit like 36D then ?

Haaaa haaa 36D's in foil!!!

thanks for the info chaps, just looked on ebay and there aren't any genuine ones on there so can't see how much people are currently paying for them.

i am going to sell mine as i am fed up of worrying about where i am parking my car and whether on my return if the mirrors are still going to be on the car or not.

thanks for the info chaps, just looked on ebay and there aren't any genuine ones on there so can't see how much people are currently paying for them.

i am going to sell mine as i am fed up of worrying about where i am parking my car and whether on my return if the mirrors are still going to be on the car or not.
if your going to sell 'em id stick to forum advertising to prevent fueling the demand on e-bay even more.

last genuine set on ebay went for 140 they were in good but not perfect condition

I've heard it all now !! what next ? you going to sell your wheels in case you find it on bricks....and what about the foglight surrounds ?? Seems to me you brought the wrong car.

Sarah
What time do you call this ?? i expect a note from your parents tomorrow or its detention for you !

Great news.....They now think its cam chain....gearbox out and so on... heading for week 6 now and they are still clueless......lol :)

I've heard it all now !! what next ? you going to sell your wheels in case you find it on bricks....and what about the foglight surrounds ?? Seems to me you brought the wrong car.

I dont think hes being too OTT as out of the bits that are commonly nicked, S3 mirrors are waayy up there. And its clearly a PIA to not have any on the car, and £££ to replace from dealer if there's no stolen ones on eBay LOL.

Surely you can just bond them on? i mean why are you going to want to take them off anyway? Unibond FTW!

flashloader??? whats that???

Dont say the mirrors get pinched, im getting a set soon!!!!

Its a GIAC Flashloader, lets you switch between ECU maps and alter boost settings. which you can do while on the move, pretty good bit of kit.
Also for someone who's such a 3.2 fan why do you wana make your car look like an S3 ?!

Its a GIAC Flashloader, lets you switch between ECU maps and alter boost settings. which you can do while on the move, pretty good bit of kit.
Also for someone who's such a 3.2 fan why do you wana make your car look like an S3 ?!

To stop people nicking the mirrors !

Imagine the surprise when people see what looks like an old S3 chugging along and then it roars of in to the sunset with the howl of a 3.2 ...........its the perfect sleeper !

Great news.....They now think its cam chain....gearbox out and so on... heading for week 6 now and they are still clueless......lol :)

No way!! at this rate P you will get a newly built car with all the parts they are using!!!

Well not really wanting an S3 rep but its just the way its gone! Had so many probs getting the S Line bumper with washer holes that I gave up when someone showed me a complete S3 one! Couldnt say no really lol. Anyway, who know, one day may fit a turbo and make an S3 how it should have been made lol, with the V6 burble!!!

Imagine the surprise when people see what looks like an old S3 chugging along and then it roars of in to the sunset with the howl of a 3.2 ...........its the perfect sleeper !

Would be nice, although think I may have got caught earlier speeding, fingers crossed he will let it go!:unsure:

I've got a set of genuine ones for sale :)

In fact i have 2 sets, 1 that came with the car, 1 that came with my new mirrors :)