How many rattles does your car have?

Just had my 2 yr service done, and was able to replicate the creaking for the service tech.

They fixed it with 4 x 25mm x 50mm pieces of felt tape that cover four metal retaining clips, 2 on the side, and 2 on the back of the sunroof cutout, the clips come into intermittent contact with the edges of thick plastic guides , they also lubricated them so now all good.

They showed me a 4 page HST bulletin from Audi detailing the fix, but they said they should not have showed it to me.

That's interesting - I have a rattle from the front of the pano roof - right where the cut out is - if I place my hand on it it stops. It's like plastic creeping against metal. Wonder whether the fix is the same

I'm thinking of getting rid of my A4 and Golf and was very tempted by your Autotrader add, don't recall the additional sound effects being mentioned though :tonguewink:
They where just seasonal optional extras, anyway it sold within 2 days, and it's been advertised for thousands more, so you missed out on a huuugggeeeee bargain lol

They where just seasonal optional extras, anyway it sold within 2 days, and it's been advertised for thousands more, so you missed out on a huuugggeeeee bargain lol

It looked like a really nice one right enough.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Had one very annoying “buzz” noise from dashboard area. It was appearing at 20-30mph and above 40 throughout.
Tried to locate it but could not pin-point it. Torn both of the A pillars down to get to the windscreen air vent mesh and took that of also but it wasn’t there. Only when was doing some work under the steering wheel, with my head in the drivers footwell, I tapped my hand on the steering wheel. It buzzed. Started to tap the wheel like mad man and found it. It was the steering wheel rake adjustment leaver! As it is already set to my position, wifey is a copilot only, tied it all up with zip ties and all gone.
After a year if buzzing I could enjoy ... more rattles I did not heard
Parcel cover creaks (driving an Avant) iPad holder attached to the rear of passenger seat, dashboard when passing speed bumps.

Tried to eliminate the parcel cover creak but only lasted 2-3 weeks and came back.
Not going to waste time on this.
Car have 7 years now and I like loud music.
Only when full family on board, rattles and creaks are irritating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I have finally diagnosed my more than year old rattle/clunk.....after fiddling a lot with suspension thinking it was that, and replacing everything....I think its my brakes/calipers....braking over the usual bumps that causes it to clunk stops it....so now back to the garage at some point to check the brakes which are working absolutely perfectly....but I guess over time as pads wear theres a gap created....anyway thats my current line of thought

Kind of cured the rattle near the front of the pano cut out by whacking it with the palm of my hand ; seemed to cure it for the rest of the trip;

Got a 2013 3 Door Sport

Doors Rattle in cold weather. Learnt to live with this

On day one the passenget seat hight adjuster rattled. Audi fixed straight away

FL S3 3 Door... This door rattle is beginning to really annoy me, seems to be the passenger side door mainly and definitely worse in the colder weather :( cant even listen to the B&O properly with it.

Hi all.

This subject is largely a reflection on consumer expectation versus the luck of that individual. In our case we have always been fortunate to have never experienced the kind of rattles/vibrations reported by less fortunate Audi owners here.

The only remotely related NVH issue we can identify from the mixed bag of Audi's owned by us (see following lis centred on the 2015 A5 Cabriolet TFSi. As mentioned this and other forums the cabriolet (and other A5's fitted with frameless window) occasionally produced a very slight squeak from where the side glass met the weather seal. This disappeared in wet weather leading us to the conclusion that a spray of silicone wax would cure it. Maybe it was the tiny amount of body flex common to most cabriolet designs.

2012 A5 2.0 TDi S-Line Cabriolet S-Tronic FWD (Ex-demo)
2013 A3 1.8 TFSi S-Line Sportback S-Tronic FWD (Ex-demo)
2015 A5 2.0 TFSi S-Line Cabriolet S-Tronic FWD (Ex-demo)
2016 TT 2.0 TFSi Coupe S-Line S-Tronic Quattro (Ex-demo)
2016 S3 2.o Sportback S-Line S-Tronic Quattro (Ex-demo)
2017 A3 2.0 Saloon 'Black Edition' S-Line Quattro (New - June)

And that's why we all buy Audi's - isn't it?