1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

How many rattles does your car have?

VWNCC Feb 2, 2017

1. VWNCC

VWNCC Registered User

How many (and where) rattles does your car have, especially when going over rough road and bumps?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. KenL

KenL Registered User

None.

4. RichardT

RichardT Registered User

None.

45bvtc likes this.
  5. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

A lot, just turn up yer music rather than Audi messing about and taking the interior to bits

Tom.H and pburv like this.
  6. pburv

pburv Registered User

Only passenger seat belt when no one is sitting in the seat..

SamR92 and jassyo06 like this.
  7. OliS3

OliS3 Registered User

Weird rattle from the dash at 2.6 - 2.9k, annoying but so far I've liven with it

8. Tom.H

Tom.H Registered User

That's hides a multitude of things, noises, rattles, the wife… :tearsofjoy:

azibux1, RSS-S3, Jamie_88 and 3 others like this.
  9. Scottyg

Scottyg Registered User

None in 2 years. I don't count the spare change rattling around in my ashtray/coin pot!!

jassyo06 likes this.
  10. JunkStory

JunkStory Registered User

2017 (facelift) North American S3.

1) Buzzing sound coming from left of the steering wheel (could be from within the dash or fusebox).
    2) At 130km/h+, there's an extremely loud flapping/rattle sound from the rear seat directly behind me. Suspected it might be the rear seatbelts, so I tucked them into the side and will try again.
    3) occasional buzzing sounds from centre of the dash, and passenger side of the dash, though much more rare compared to #1

If anyone knows how to remedy the above, please let me know.

11. Dan_G

Dan_G Registered User

FL S3.

Seatbelt height adjusters rattle. VERY annoying!

sve170 likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. allanmb

allanmb Registered User

FL S3. Had a big rattle under the steering wheel which I resolved by stuffing with a big sponge. Now I have two minor rattles left, one near the glovebox which I havent tracked down and one near my right ear whilst driving. They aren't huge issues but the one by my right ear is annoying after a while. I've tried pressing around many areas on the window, trim, seatbelt adjuster but I cannot find the source

sve170, PembsA3 and Shortyian like this.
  14. allanmb

allanmb Registered User

I have to add that every Audi I've owned has had some form of rattle (3 in total). I've only owned a Volvo S40 before that which didnt have any rattles but was a terrible car in almost every other way!

pburv likes this.
  15. steeve

steeve Registered User

None...........

16. Spurrellian

Spurrellian Registered User

Got a 2013 3 Door Sport

Doors Rattle in cold weather. Learnt to live with this

On day one the passenget seat hight adjuster rattled. Audi fixed straight away

17. karlabdool

karlabdool Registered User

7 speed dsg dry clutch rattles in rough , I have 1.8tfsi fwd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Mark_R

Mark_R Registered User

Had rattle/buzz from the centre of dash by the MMI screen, when the car was 2 weeks old. Dealer removed the screen and packed it out, and it's been fine ever since.

19. steverobertsbbc

steverobertsbbc Registered User

I had an annoying vibration buzz in the driver's door. Pushing against the silver trim piece stopped it. Took the door card off yesterday and tightened a loose screw and put a piece of adhesive foam on the back of the clip holding that trim piece into the card. All quiet now.

20. Shortyian

Shortyian Registered User

Mine rattles from both the driver & passenger door storage bins - slight pull on the plastic stops it for a while then comes back when the road gets rough! Very annoying ! Plastic under the steering wheel does it too as well come to think of it - slight tap or pull on plastic stops it for a while but then returns - haven't had the time to have a poke or prod around yet!

Audi Bairn likes this.
  21. Tej13

Tej13 Registered User

as long as I use gummi pflege on the window seals, I have none.

22. Audi Bairn

Audi Bairn Moderator Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter

Most of the time none. But on rough roads there's one started (like a really annoying bee that's trapped in my glovebox or somewhere over on the passenger side). Haven't spent any time yet looking to see if i can resolve it though. Generally don't have stuff lying around in the car so it might be a panel.
    Had absolutely none on my A5 then S5 prior to this so I'm a bit disappointed.

Only other time i get rattles is when the wife is on board. if it's not her handbag, it's her jacket. If it's not that it's something else and to make it worse she always just says "I can't hear anything"
    Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!

pburv and jassyo06 like this.
  23. Milnesafc

Milnesafc Registered User

Something is rattling around in the drivers side door, another thing to add to the list when it goes in on the 13th.

Audi Bairn and jassyo06 like this.
  24. mikemod

mikemod Registered User

Both doors and the tailgate, my 3 door GTI was the same, just thought it was a problem with the big doors on the hatch.

As Tej13 said above, gummi pflege on the door seals once every couple of months seems to cure it.

pburv and Audi Bairn like this.
  25. Ben85

Ben85 Registered User

11 year old A3 and none

26. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

No rattles but where my right leg/thigh/posterior is positioned on the drivers seat bolster, it pushes against the moulded plastic side support and makes an annoying rubbing noise...every.......single.......small...bump...or adjustment....:sob:

27. Karen O'

Karen O' Registered User

Prob just a few empty water bottles rolling around the rear footwell lol

28. S32B

S32B Registered User

None...

29. Simonb1975

Simonb1975 Guest

6 in total, 2 were resolved. Told to live with the rest.

Will Audi start to provide this with a new owners survival kit with sticky tape for the loose bits:welcoming:

30. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

I don't know, only driven it 6 times in 3 weeks. :sign unfair:

31. M1ke H

M1ke H Registered User

None - but it took three visits over twelve months to get the drivers door rattle finally sorted by a Master Tech who obviously knew what he was doing ;)

pburv likes this.
  32. richinsoton

richinsoton Registered User

4 in total over 20k miles / 1 yr. Squeaky front wishbone bushes resolved approx 12 months ago (Tech document to support this) & haven't squeaked since, much to my pleasant surprise. This week - Mechanical gear noise & spring twang from MMI when retracting (luckily I'd filmed it as perfectly silent when taken into my retailer), new MMI to resolve as my film clip supported a valid warranty claim. B pillar / Seat belt top mount area buzz (kidnapped Audi tech for drive across town to road where I could guarantee to replicate it, car was filled with fuel so road test it as much as required to rectify... which they have). OS dr rattle by the silver trim (Dr panel R&I to insulate / tighten). 1 month of warranty remaining so hopefully that's an end to it.

pburv likes this.
  33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. gbernard

gbernard Registered User

what was the fix on the bpillar buzz as i have it as well.

35. ACWKGYTO

ACWKGYTO Registered User

Mine is the passenger seatbelt, but when someone is sat in the passenger seat !

Drivers side window rattle...5 times into Audi Mcr still unresolved....I expect more for this price !

pburv likes this.
  36. ACWKGYTO

ACWKGYTO Registered User

Can you give more info, where did you get it fixed please ?

37. EmmaJ

EmmaJ Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Only had my S3 a week but surprisingly on a car with 55k on the clock I've not heard a single rattle. The proof will be after the weekend once I've had a drive around some B-roads.

richinsoton and Ben85 like this.
  38. Daveotto

Daveotto Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Horrible squealing sound from front passenger seat with anything other than moderate acceleration when my wife is in the car............

Bottles of Evian occasionally squeaks when in the left cup holder, I have complained to Evian..........

Apart from that none

pastey, SteveMcB, Tom.H and 1 other person like this.
  39. pburv

pburv Registered User

Ditch the seat or ditch the wife.........Hmmmm decisions decisions....lol:hopelessness::hopelessness:

richinsoton, glospete and Daveotto like this.
  40. MrFlibble

MrFlibble Guest

Rattling/squeaking from the driver's kick panel when cold
    Vibration/buzzing from the seat belt adjusters
    Rattling from the sun roof

Without doubt the noisiest car I've had.

41. SteveMcB

SteveMcB Registered User

Very annoying buzzing coming from the passenger side, so bad even the wife noticed but she insisted it was coming from the driver's side!! After much disagreement and verbal sparring eventually worked out it was a pair of specs in the centre holder!

She laughs at my irrational hatred of rattles, they do my head in, suspect that's why she keeps leaving half empty boxes of tictacs scattered about:wtf:

42. Audi Bairn

Audi Bairn Moderator Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter

Stevie, sounds like both our other halves went to the same woman's training college and graduated with a degree in "Couldn't care less" lol. I have exactly the same issues :scared2:

Tom.H, SteveMcB and pburv like this.
  43. SteveMcB

SteveMcB Registered User

LOL, they expect you to hear every single word from the other end of the house but wouldn't notice a spin dryer full of spanners in the boot.

Mark_86, pburv, Ben85 and 1 other person like this.