How many of us are bikers?? Show off your wheels.......

One of my previous bikes, such a great bike.

Ert4

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Flynn89forever, Ghost and 5 others
Well being 59 years old and on and off bikes most of my life I've had a few but here is the current ride and it's two predecessors, the GSXR1000K8 made way for the Tuono V4R due to accidents in my youth taking their toll on my knees. The Tuono V4R then went to pay for a new soft top, front wings etc. on my previous car, a 2000 Mercedes R129 SL320. So these days I'm reduced to a 2002 Yamaha Fazer 1000 and to tell the truth it's probably the best all round bike I've ever had. Not the quickest, not the best handling nor the scariest but it still does most things pretty well and keeps me on two wheels until I can afford another Tuono V4.
GSXR1000 K8
Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC
Yamaha Fazer 1000

Reactions: Ghost, Mario, EXSpartan36 and 2 others
My dirty blackbird. 1997 registered and 125k on the clock. It’s not usually this clean.

1601c0d2050045850f2ab37fa6c70323.jpg

Reactions: Charlie Farley, Flynn89forever, Ghost and 4 others
Added a new toy to the stable last month. :) MT-10, love it to bits!

JfTYyfol.jpg

eOPenfZl.jpg

1zUjY0Rl.jpg

Reactions: Charlie Farley, Ghost, LawrenceH and 3 others
Added a new toy to the stable last month. :) MT-10, love it to bits!

Very nice Mario. You now need to either paint the Zuki in that lime greeen to match Yamaha or vice verca :)

I love the livery on the MT-10,. Always liked it since I saw it on the MT-07 a few years back.

As it happens, just started looking for a new bike. Was at Triumph today and the new Speed Triple 1050 RS looks pretty damn good, lots of electrickery. I need to go out on a few bikes as not ridden propoerly for a couple of years now.
I will try the MT-10 but might be too frenetically fast for me. I will def go on out on the MT-09 SP though.
Also looking at a Tuono Factory, an S1000R and the Z1000.

I will ride them all and add my thoughts on https://www.youtube.com/c/whichbike_com

Got the Speed Triple RS ride on Saturday morning for a couple of hours.

There is this SP-1 in my garage.. not been used for 2 years. Battery dead of course.

Attachments

• sp1a.jpg
    sp1a.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 332
Reactions: Charlie Farley and Samuel c5 Q
@Evotion thanks! To be honest my long term plan is to keep the Suzuki and run it for another 1-2 years then get a new shape (2018) R6 track bike, so not worth spending time or money on it just now.

The MT-10 is so many bikes rolled into 1, I can use it on my commute and it will be docile as you like or take it out for a weekend blast and even go touring on it (european tour is in the pipeline at some point). Even has cruise control which is a nice touch, especially if on a long motorway run.

Only downside is you only get about 120 miles to the tank.

Liking the SP1 though!!

@Evotion thanks! To be honest my long term plan is to keep the Suzuki and run it for another 1-2 years then get a new shape (2018) R6 track bike, so not worth spending time or money on it just now.

The MT-10 is so many bikes rolled into 1, I can use it on my commute and it will be docile as you like or take it out for a weekend blast and even go touring on it (european tour is in the pipeline at some point). Even has cruise control which is a nice touch, especially if on a long motorway run.

Only downside is you only get about 120 miles to the tank.

Liking the SP1 though!!

Do they do an MT-10 Tracer yet. Might be even more of an allrounder.
I always liked the Kawasaki SX1000 as an allrounder but will give them all a go.

Has the Mt-10 got safety stuff such as cornering ABS, anti-wheelie and anti-stoppie?

@Evotion there is no MT-10 Tracer and there never, ever will be. To satisfy the customers who wanted a 1000cc tracer Yamaha made the MT-10 Touring. It is literally a normal MT-10 with a tall screen, panniers, comfort seat and hand guards. Pic below for you.

In terms of safety it has ABS (non-adjustable and cannot be turned off) and it has traction control with 3 modes. Level 3 is for rain and will give zero slip and not allow any wheelies, level 2 will allow wheelies, but will intervene if the rear slides under power & level 1 will allow you to keep it on 1 wheel all day and only intervene if it thinks the slide is getting to be dangerous.

Then you can also turn TC 100% off, in which case, you are on your own.

There are also 3 rider modes. All modes give 100% power, but the lower modes soften the throttle. Mode 3 almost has a delay between opening the throttle and the bike reacting, again, a rain mode, mode 2 is smoother and more direct, then mode 1 is very twitchy and direct and the bike will respond to every little throttle input you give it.

However there is NO full on wheelie control like you might see in the modern R1, even the traction control is rudimental and relies on wheel speed sensors and does not use an IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit), but in saying that, it is still very very good.

NOTE: All the touring bits can be purchased separately to turn any MT-10 into a "touring version"

Pic of the MT-10 Touring....

2qxpc10p3g2qggesgr5r4gg3wa2.jpg

Reactions: Samuel c5 Q and Ghost
@Evotion there is no MT-10 Tracer and there never, ever will be. To satisfy the customers who wanted a 1000cc tracer Yamaha made the MT-10 Touring. It is literally a normal MT-10 with a tall screen, panniers, comfort seat and hand guards. Pic below for you.

Ok, thanks for that.
That MT-10 does looks damn good and therefore no need for a Tracer.
I will see if I can get out on one of those - or the standard MT-10.
Cheers.

well if we have a "what's your bike" thread, it would be rude to not to add to it....

my money pit
25032018-07_zpskw9pv6lj.jpg

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Very nice. I can just pick out the fire blade decal in the first picture now but the holes either side of the headlamp in the fairing made me think fire blade the first time.

I love the late 90s early 00s big bikes.

Been out on the bike a bit with the weather being unusually tremendous

Reactions: Charlie Farley and LawrenceH
My 2005 K5. Absolutely fantastic fun. Clean it more than o ride it unfortunately.

Screenshot 20180617 090330 1280x720

Reactions: SamHendry, Charlie Farley, LawrenceH and 1 other person
One of my previous bikes
Screenshot 20180617 151819 1280x720

Reactions: Charlie Farley and LawrenceH
some really great bikes chaps :thumbs up:, I do like all bikes but still prefer the Dukes , just something about them …..just a shame they dent my wallet so much....

Would really like to get hold of one of these bad boys.....maybe one day , I missed out when they first hit the roads as I already had too many dukes and funds wouldn't allow another....still the same applies and they now cost even more...bummer or what and they sound awesome..

Reactions: Ayesha
Very nice Mario. You now need to either paint the Zuki in that lime greeen to match Yamaha or vice verca :)

I love the livery on the MT-10,. Always liked it since I saw it on the MT-07 a few years back.

As it happens, just started looking for a new bike. Was at Triumph today and the new Speed Triple 1050 RS looks pretty damn good, lots of electrickery. I need to go out on a few bikes as not ridden propoerly for a couple of years now.
I will try the MT-10 but might be too frenetically fast for me. I will def go on out on the MT-09 SP though.
Also looking at a Tuono Factory, an S1000R and the Z1000.

I will ride them all and add my thoughts on https://www.youtube.com/c/whichbike_com

Got the Speed Triple RS ride on Saturday morning for a couple of hours.

There is this SP-1 in my garage.. not been used for 2 years. Battery dead of course.

SP1's are great tools, such a shame you don't use it chap and if I wasn't so hooked on dukes then sp1's would be the next best thing.....a slightly larger capacity fuel tank would be nice on them aswell…...nothing worse than having to spend more time looking for fuel and filling up than riding.

nice all the same.

Finished
Bit tame in comparison to some of the bikes posted recently, but I'm chuffed with it, brand spanker last week, Honda NC750X (now with a few extras) but as I have Kawasaki J300 as well, I can't quite fit the bikes & the A3 in the garage, guess what lives outside.....!

Reactions: Samuel c5 Q, Leevr, Sandra and 2 others
I was about to say that looks really clean, then saw it was new.....enjoy it chap and inside the garage is by far the best place for a bike to live....

Reactions: PhilsA3
And try not to miss that dart board, a stray dart wont do the bike any favours parked that way...lol

Reactions: Samuel c5 Q and PhilsA3
Here is another previous bike from around 2006 , bought it cheap around £2k as a project bike ,it was a 748sps not in the best shade of red though....went well though..

Upload 2018 12 6 22 7 17

Reactions: Samuel c5 Q, Bristle Hound, PhilsA3 and 2 others
Nearly forgot this one from a few years ago, not as reliable as some dukes i have had but still went well.

Picture 002

Reactions: andy.h, Samuel c5 Q, Bristle Hound and 2 others
Still have this little gem, suzuki RL325 not many around these days .

Picture 024

Reactions: Samuel c5 Q, Bristle Hound and Leevr
And made a very big mistake with this one.....i sold it , now worth bonkers money....oh well.
888sp4

888sp4

Reactions: andy.h, Samuel c5 Q, Bristle Hound and 2 others
Very very nice mate, gutted for you. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

One day i will find one of these gems, and it will be mine , oh yes indeedy......well wheni've sold my soul , all body parts , the house etc..lol.

Upload 2018 12 7 17 53 12

Reactions: Leevr
But until then i'll make do with this …..still a proper tool...:icon thumright:

Dc4

Reactions: Ricky Burrows, Leevr, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
My last bike.
A new K6 GSXR750

Now sadly in the big bike graveyard & nearly took me with it too !

Reactions: Leevr and Charlie Farley
Had this Blackbird for 3 years too prior to the Gixxer

Loved this bike

& in my trials riding days I had one of these as a 15 year old
Was off it more than I was on but 'twas great fun

iu

Remember going to see the SSDT when I was 18 year. Had a great week away watching all the top riders at the time (Lampkin, Rathmell etc)

Ah yes the trusty Sherpa, a very good bike .
my best mate had one when he was 16 and was really good on it, showed me up really ..but I was more motocross and enjoyed the speed factor and did have a reasonable amount of success in the sport but along came other interest's, girl friends, and I quit the sport...shame as I did enjoy it.

a few of my earlier bikes....
Honda CR250 (red rocket) great bike and so fast...bonkers sometimes , then downgraded ..lol to the newer waterpumper version with pro link suspension....good but not as good as the first flavour.
And one of my first proper road bike , didn't do mopeds but did have some 175's etc prior to this, passed my bike test on it , that's when you could have a proper bike on a provisional.
Bought it new for £799.00 pic was not long after.
Suzuki GS250T , another nice bike and I did a lot of miles on it .

sorry the pics are not that good …

IMG 1507
IMG 1506
IMG 1505

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Leevr
I've had so many bikes over the last 40 years , it's not until you look back that one remembers things.....these are just the tip of an iceberg..lol

a few of my earlier bikes....
Honda CR250 (red rocket) great bike and so fast...bonkers sometimes , then downgraded ..lol to the newer waterpumper version with pro link suspension....good but not as good as the first flavour.
And one of my first proper road bike , didn't do mopeds but did have some 175's etc prior to this, passed my bike test on it , that's when you could have a proper bike on a provisional.
Bought it new for £799.00 pic was not long after.
Suzuki GS250T , another nice bike and I did a lot of miles on it .

sorry the pics are not that good …

View attachment 171410 View attachment 171411 View attachment 171412
My foray into moto x didnt last to long

I had a 2 stroke Maico 125 like this one

iu

****** thing had a light switch powerband & was a nightmare to ride after a sedate trials bike
Fell off that more than the Bulto lol

I did the whole moped thing
My love at that time was a yellow Yamaha FS1E like this 1

iu

Was a bt scary at times scraping the pedals round corners lol
My was soooo fast at the time, 52mph (every mph counted in moped days lol)

My first 250 was a Honda Superdream (yeh right)
Fortunately I had a large circle of friends who all had 250's at the time
So I ended up owning /using for various amounts of time, in no particular order
Honda CB250RS - a true lightweight 4 stroke single. Lightweight but not as quick as the 2 strokes
Suzuki Gt250 - felt slow after having a
Suzuki 250 X7 - proper lightning quick, but very unstable as it was so light
Kawasaki KH250 - great triple sound but a bitch to keep running on song & by good it drank fuel, but the noise was all worth it
Yamaha RD250E - my fave, brilliantly fast & handled well (or so I thought)
Yamaha RD250LC - cutting edge at the time but never really got on with it TBH

Remember 'em all lol

Had one of these CB250's but with the black comstar wheels , in dark red, looked great but the performance never really did the bikes looks justice.
_57css_zps5e916f13.jpg

Decided a few years later to re-visit honda CB's and got one of the these bad boys...…most certainly a more powerful bike...and nearly killed myself on it ( not my fault) It was Blue CB900FB with black comstar wheels again and piper 4 into 1 exhaust which was loud.

Honda_1981_CB900FB.jpg

Reactions: Bristle Hound
My foray into moto x didnt last to long

I had a 2 stroke Maico 125 like this one

iu

****** thing had a light switch powerband & was a nightmare to ride after a sedate trials bike
Fell off that more than the Bulto lol

I did the whole moped thing
My love at that time was a yellow Yamaha FS1E like this 1

iu

Was a bt scary at times scraping the pedals round corners lol
My was soooo fast at the time, 52mph (every mph counted in moped days lol)

My first 250 was a Honda Superdream (yeh right)
Fortunately I had a large circle of friends who all had 250's at the time
So I ended up owning /using for various amounts of time, in no particular order
Honda CB250RS - a true lightweight 4 stroke single. Lightweight but not as quick as the 2 strokes
Suzuki Gt250 - felt slow after having a
Suzuki 250 X7 - proper lightning quick, but very unstable as it was so light
Kawasaki KH250 - great triple sound but a bitch to keep running on song & by good it drank fuel, but the noise was all worth it
Yamaha RD250E - my fave, brilliantly fast & handled well (or so I thought)
Yamaha RD250LC - cutting edge at the time but never really got on with it TBH

Remember 'em all lol

that's a great list chap, all the classic 250's in that list.
I have sad memories though reading your list, my best mate bought a 250Lc new just after they were available to buy in the dealers and he still had his provisional had a bad crash one night on it and died a few days later, very sad day really ,anyway enough of that.
on with the bikes.

Maico's were great bikes, 400's were a real handful , just found another oldie in the piccy box, bit of classic KTM action..lol it was a big old bike for a 250 but handled perfectly , I fitted some Simons front forks which were a massive improvement over standard.
allways loved popping wheelies on it., this was some years ago now

IMG 1509

Reactions: Bristle Hound