How many of us are bikers?? Show off your wheels.......

But don't feel too sad really because got the gsxr 1000a L5 on the way

Attachments

• 1461062323809-577387844.jpg
    1461062323809-577387844.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 379
Reactions: EXSpartan36
WP 20150803 14 07 42 Pro
mine

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ghost, Sandra, EXSpartan36 and 1 other person
I'm a push biker at the minute and even then my tyres are flat apart from the Christmas pud one around the mid rift. I did have a 600 bandit and then a 1200 bandit at one stage both naked and both lots of fun but then the girls came along and that was that. Between work, child minding and diy the bike took a corner in the garage and stayed there and I think was out for one 100 mile trip one year and thought to myself it's only going to rust away to nothing. So sold it. Would've been nice to keep her but the girls are 6 and 9 and I'm doing 60-70 hr weeks including travel so still wouldn't have the time for a bike. Hardly even have time for the Quattro with the Cordoba trying to hog all the attention. The cousin has a k1 gsxr 1000 and a Yamaha fzr1000 ru I think 92 upside down forks in black with purple dyno jetted etc. So he owes me a go on one of them as I service his car and fix this and that for him. I can post some if my bikes if that's alright seeing as I don't own them anymore. The uncle has a lovely mk1 1200 bandit in metallic black which never turns a wheel either. I've offered to loosen it up for him but strangely he refused.

Reactions: Sandra and Ghost
IMG 4270
My ktm superduke 990. Been to Barcelona twice on it and love me track days cadwell is the best by far! Also went to the IOM in 2010 the year they filmed closer to the edge.

The only difference is I now have a full titanium akro system

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Evotion, Ghost, EXSpartan36 and 1 other person
I've had bikes on and off since the humble SS50 honda moped in 1977, currently bought an 02 plate 600 fazer. It's sitting in the daughters garage on a trickle charger waiting for the warm weather. I'll get pics of that and car when i borrow a camera and my netbook that i use for vcds stops playing up!

Reactions: Ghost
I've had bikes on and off since the humble SS50 honda moped in 1977, currently bought an 02 plate 600 fazer. It's sitting in the daughters garage on a trickle charger waiting for the warm weather. I'll get pics of that and car when i borrow a camera and my netbook that i use for vcds stops playing up!
Look forward to the pics :)

Here's me and the boy on the Aprilia Tuono
FB IMG 1468743048468

Reactions: SamHendry, Sandra, Samuel c5 Q and 2 others
I haven't had a tuono or even a go on one but seeing one getting lit up makes me believe that they are much better than the reviews give it credit for.

Had the tuono over 4 years and 30k miles later its never missed a beat

Reactions: Samuel c5 Q
Does this count.
In that photo it had a ZX9R engine.
I'm currently in the process of fitting a 2007 ZX10R engine with nearly 200bhp at 15000 revs.
If not, I do have a little Honda 125 for commuting.
Screenshot 20170422 001332

Get a dirty husa engine stuck in there. Although I 've always had a romantic notion of making a v8 engine out of two 1200 old school bandit engines and outing into a Westfield but it's not going to be any time soon. I know the v8 busa engine would make a lot more sense power wise per cost but I have a soft spot for the bandit engine. I think it has more character and would make 230-300bhp dependant on tuning and still have a broad spread of torque.

i'm thinking of doing my bike test, slightly cheaper than getting a TTRS for the weekend!

Reactions: Samuel c5 Q and Sandra
I used to be a biker, although the biggest bike I had was a 400. Does that count?
I had another 350lc but didn't get pics unfortunately.
FB IMG 1493227048802
FB IMG 1493226993699
FB IMG 1493226988163
FB IMG 1493226974959

Reactions: andy.h, Ghost, Sandra and 1 other person
My dad had one of those yahama lc350
. Class.
I adore them and always have. The multi coloured one was an ex hill climber, hence the garish colour scheme. But was a stage 3 tuned 250lc. The front wheel would lift in 6th gear when you hit the power band. Very scary and used to frighten the bejesus out of me!

I adore them and always have. The multi coloured one was an ex hill climber, hence the garish colour scheme. But was a stage 3 tuned 250lc. The front wheel would lift in 6th gear when you hit the power band. Very scary and used to frighten the bejesus out of me!

He he. I say a hill climb would be one of those moments when you'd want the Lord Jesus with you too.

Dad took me on the back of his, it was all black but he went from my aunt's to our house which was all of 1/2 a mile away at two miles an hour with me on the back going giddy up, go go, ye ha, undella, Schnell.

I used to have a 600 bandit and took the Mrs out on it about twice. One of those times was over the seven sisters from Carrickfergus to Larne via Gleno. I was sitting about 50mph and she squeezed me with her legs to signal to slow down so I speed up instead up to 60 with very moderate rate of acceleration to which I could here this screaming in my ear. Talk about over reacting.

Now my cousin was a bad boy on his 1000 exup done a wheely with his Mrs the back because he knew she didn't like it and broke the chain cracking the crankcase end cover.

Love the vfr400 too. Always wanted one but being tall and availability always plays a role over here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reedler18
A picture of me and the Mrs on a 2001 600 bandit. Lovely wee bike and great fun even after I put her through a hedge.

A couple of pictures of the 2004 1200 bandit which the fuelling was off on and I never got the time to ride. So as nice as it was and torquey it got shined on before it rusted away to nothing even though it was garaged and done about 400 miles a year.

The 600 bandit image was too large to upload. If someone knows how to reduce it's file size then I could upload it. Thanks.

Attachments

• Kirkistown 021908.jpg
    Kirkistown 021908.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 245
  • nokia pics 148.jpg
    nokia pics 148.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 247
  • nokia pics 152.jpg
    nokia pics 152.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 266
  • nokia pics 154.jpg
    nokia pics 154.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 241
Bought this on Thursdays night. Gsxr 750 k4.

Went out in it for the first time tonight. Riding aimlessly for a few hours. What an amazing machine.

Reactions: Ghost, Sandra and Samuel c5 Q
Had the bike out today. Did a 200 mile loop of n/E Scotland..

Here's a snap between Tomintoul and Ballater. What a road!

Seriously though...
I had a Panigale but killed it :(

This was my one:

Still, it would have killed me. I am a crap rider.

Then got a LOVELY Triumph Speed Triple 94R with some nice bits including low-boy Arrow exhaust which popped and crackled more than my RS3.

20160607 140333

But I had a really bad, shoulda/coulda died accident on my Honda and was 'told' to sell the Triumph. :(
Loved it. Gutted.

Stick to two human powered wheels now.

Reactions: Ghost and Samuel c5 Q
@Evotion
Liked your vid,
e00e.png
I seen / heard a Panigale at the weekend..

what a sound, what a sound!! :hubbahubba:

Reactions: Evotion
Yeah, had the Termignonis on it... Sounded great.

However, I did prefer the exhaust (illegal apparently) on the Triumph as it popped and banged even more than the RS3!

I still have a couple and have had way too many .....but then I'm more biker than driver..

have this little gem to start with.
Tty5

two more aswell, when I can get the pics uploaded....darn PC is being stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evotion, Samuel c5 Q and S3Steve
@Just Rob.
Nice, always have a soft spot for Ducatis although I last ordered the new MV Agusta Brutale last year instead of a Monster, etc,
Gave up my deposit when I crashed.

If I was to get a bike, cough, allowed to get a bike, then it would likely be an S1000 XR though I would look at a Diaval.