1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many of us are bikers?? Show off your wheels.......

paulsaudi Aug 2, 2011

1. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

that's really nice, my sort of ride...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

One of my previous bikes, such a great bike.

ert4.JPG

4. GrahamS4

GrahamS4 Guest

Well being 59 years old and on and off bikes most of my life I've had a few but here is the current ride and it's two predecessors, the GSXR1000K8 made way for the Tuono V4R due to accidents in my youth taking their toll on my knees. The Tuono V4R then went to pay for a new soft top, front wings etc. on my previous car, a 2000 Mercedes R129 SL320. So these days I'm reduced to a 2002 Yamaha Fazer 1000 and to tell the truth it's probably the best all round bike I've ever had. Not the quickest, not the best handling nor the scariest but it still does most things pretty well and keeps me on two wheels until I can afford another Tuono V4.
    GSXR1000 K8.jpg Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC.jpg Yamaha Fazer 1000.jpg

Ghost, Mario, EXSpartan36 and 2 others like this.
  5. LawrenceH

LawrenceH Active Member

My dirty blackbird. 1997 registered and 125k on the clock. It’s not usually this clean.

[​IMG]

6. Mario

Mario Active Member TDi Audi A4 quattro S tronic S-line owners group Manual

Added a new toy to the stable last month. :) MT-10, love it to bits!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just Rob., Ghost, LawrenceH and 3 others like this.
  7. Evotion

Evotion The Greed For Speed Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Audi RS3 S tronic

Very nice Mario. You now need to either paint the Zuki in that lime greeen to match Yamaha or vice verca :)

I love the livery on the MT-10,. Always liked it since I saw it on the MT-07 a few years back.

As it happens, just started looking for a new bike. Was at Triumph today and the new Speed Triple 1050 RS looks pretty damn good, lots of electrickery. I need to go out on a few bikes as not ridden propoerly for a couple of years now.
    I will try the MT-10 but might be too frenetically fast for me. I will def go on out on the MT-09 SP though.
    Also looking at a Tuono Factory, an S1000R and the Z1000.

I will ride them all and add my thoughts on https://www.youtube.com/c/whichbike_com

Got the Speed Triple RS ride on Saturday morning for a couple of hours.

There is this SP-1 in my garage.. not been used for 2 years. Battery dead of course.

Attached Files:

• sp1a.jpg
      sp1a.jpg
      File size:
      193.8 KB
      Views:
    Just Rob. and Samuel c5 Q like this.
  8. Mario

@Evotion thanks! To be honest my long term plan is to keep the Suzuki and run it for another 1-2 years then get a new shape (2018) R6 track bike, so not worth spending time or money on it just now.

The MT-10 is so many bikes rolled into 1, I can use it on my commute and it will be docile as you like or take it out for a weekend blast and even go touring on it (european tour is in the pipeline at some point). Even has cruise control which is a nice touch, especially if on a long motorway run.

Only downside is you only get about 120 miles to the tank.

Liking the SP1 though!!

9. Evotion

Do they do an MT-10 Tracer yet. Might be even more of an allrounder.
    I always liked the Kawasaki SX1000 as an allrounder but will give them all a go.

Has the Mt-10 got safety stuff such as cornering ABS, anti-wheelie and anti-stoppie?

10. Mario

@Evotion there is no MT-10 Tracer and there never, ever will be. To satisfy the customers who wanted a 1000cc tracer Yamaha made the MT-10 Touring. It is literally a normal MT-10 with a tall screen, panniers, comfort seat and hand guards. Pic below for you.

In terms of safety it has ABS (non-adjustable and cannot be turned off) and it has traction control with 3 modes. Level 3 is for rain and will give zero slip and not allow any wheelies, level 2 will allow wheelies, but will intervene if the rear slides under power & level 1 will allow you to keep it on 1 wheel all day and only intervene if it thinks the slide is getting to be dangerous.

Then you can also turn TC 100% off, in which case, you are on your own.

There are also 3 rider modes. All modes give 100% power, but the lower modes soften the throttle. Mode 3 almost has a delay between opening the throttle and the bike reacting, again, a rain mode, mode 2 is smoother and more direct, then mode 1 is very twitchy and direct and the bike will respond to every little throttle input you give it.

However there is NO full on wheelie control like you might see in the modern R1, even the traction control is rudimental and relies on wheel speed sensors and does not use an IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit), but in saying that, it is still very very good.

NOTE: All the touring bits can be purchased separately to turn any MT-10 into a "touring version"

Pic of the MT-10 Touring....

[​IMG]

Samuel c5 Q and Ghost like this.
  11. Evotion

Ok, thanks for that.
    That MT-10 does looks damn good and therefore no need for a Tracer.
    I will see if I can get out on one of those - or the standard MT-10.
    Cheers.

12. Avatar

13. Flynn89forever

Flynn89forever Member

well if we have a "what's your bike" thread, it would be rude to not to add to it....

my money pit
    [​IMG]

Just Rob. likes this.
  14. Samuel c5 Q

Samuel c5 Q Active Member Silver Supporter VCDS Map User

Is it a fire blade?

15. Flynn89forever

Flynn89forever Member

it is indeed, last of the carbs... 1998

[​IMG]

not quite standard

Just Rob. and SamHendry like this.
  16. Samuel c5 Q

Samuel c5 Q Active Member Silver Supporter VCDS Map User

Very nice. I can just pick out the fire blade decal in the first picture now but the holes either side of the headlamp in the fairing made me think fire blade the first time.

I love the late 90s early 00s big bikes.

17. SamHendry

SamHendry Active Member

Been out on the bike a bit with the weather being unusually tremendous

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just Rob. and LawrenceH like this.
  18. Leevr

Leevr Well-Known Member Audi S3 Porsche Viper Green

My 2005 K5. Absolutely fantastic fun. Clean it more than o ride it unfortunately.

Screenshot_20180617-090330-1280x720.png

19. Leevr

One of my previous bikes
    Screenshot_20180617-151819-1280x720.png

Just Rob. and LawrenceH like this.
  20. Just Rob.

some really great bikes chaps :thumbs up:, I do like all bikes but still prefer the Dukes , just something about them …..just a shame they dent my wallet so much....

21. Just Rob.

Would really like to get hold of one of these bad boys.....maybe one day , I missed out when they first hit the roads as I already had too many dukes and funds wouldn't allow another....still the same applies and they now cost even more...bummer or what and they sound awesome..

[​IMG]

Ayesha likes this.
  22. Just Rob.

SP1's are great tools, such a shame you don't use it chap and if I wasn't so hooked on dukes then sp1's would be the next best thing.....a slightly larger capacity fuel tank would be nice on them aswell…...nothing worse than having to spend more time looking for fuel and filling up than riding.

nice all the same.

23. PhilsA3

PhilsA3 Member

finished!.jpg Bit tame in comparison to some of the bikes posted recently, but I'm chuffed with it, brand spanker last week, Honda NC750X (now with a few extras) but as I have Kawasaki J300 as well, I can't quite fit the bikes & the A3 in the garage, guess what lives outside.....!

Samuel c5 Q, Leevr, Sandra and 2 others like this.
  24. Just Rob.

I was about to say that looks really clean, then saw it was new.....enjoy it chap and inside the garage is by far the best place for a bike to live....

PhilsA3 likes this.
  25. Just Rob.

And try not to miss that dart board, a stray dart wont do the bike any favours parked that way...lol

Samuel c5 Q and PhilsA3 like this.
  26. Just Rob.

Here is another previous bike from around 2006 , bought it cheap around £2k as a project bike ,it was a 748sps not in the best shade of red though....went well though..

upload_2018-12-6_22-7-17.png

27. Just Rob.

Nearly forgot this one from a few years ago, not as reliable as some dukes i have had but still went well.

Picture 002.jpg

28. Just Rob.

Still have this little gem, suzuki RL325 not many around these days .

Picture 024.jpg

Samuel c5 Q, Bristle Hound and Leevr like this.
  29. Just Rob.

And made a very big mistake with this one.....i sold it , now worth bonkers money....oh well.
    888sp4

888sp4.PNG

30. Leevr

Very very nice mate, gutted for you. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

31. Just Rob.

One day i will find one of these gems, and it will be mine , oh yes indeedy......well wheni've sold my soul , all body parts , the house etc..lol.

upload_2018-12-7_17-53-12.png

Leevr likes this.
  32. Just Rob.

But until then i'll make do with this …..still a proper tool...:icon thumright:

dc4.JPG

Leevr, Bristle Hound and S3Steve like this.
  33. Avatar

34. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

My last bike.
    A new K6 GSXR750

[​IMG]

Now sadly in the big bike graveyard & nearly took me with it too !

Leevr and Just Rob. like this.
  35. Bristle Hound

Had this Blackbird for 3 years too prior to the Gixxer

[​IMG]

Loved this bike

Just Rob. likes this.
  36. Bristle Hound

& in my trials riding days I had one of these as a 15 year old
    Was off it more than I was on but 'twas great fun

[​IMG]

Remember going to see the SSDT when I was 18 year. Had a great week away watching all the top riders at the time (Lampkin, Rathmell etc)

Just Rob. likes this.
  37. Just Rob.

Ah yes the trusty Sherpa, a very good bike .
    my best mate had one when he was 16 and was really good on it, showed me up really ..but I was more motocross and enjoyed the speed factor and did have a reasonable amount of success in the sport but along came other interest's, girl friends, and I quit the sport...shame as I did enjoy it.

38. Just Rob.

a few of my earlier bikes....
    Honda CR250 (red rocket) great bike and so fast...bonkers sometimes , then downgraded ..lol to the newer waterpumper version with pro link suspension....good but not as good as the first flavour.
    And one of my first proper road bike , didn't do mopeds but did have some 175's etc prior to this, passed my bike test on it , that's when you could have a proper bike on a provisional.
    Bought it new for £799.00 pic was not long after.
    Suzuki GS250T , another nice bike and I did a lot of miles on it .

sorry the pics are not that good …

IMG_1507.JPG IMG_1506.JPG IMG_1505.JPG

Bristle Hound and Leevr like this.
  39. Just Rob.

I've had so many bikes over the last 40 years , it's not until you look back that one remembers things.....these are just the tip of an iceberg..lol

40. Bristle Hound

My foray into moto x didnt last to long

I had a 2 stroke Maico 125 like this one

[​IMG]

****** thing had a light switch powerband & was a nightmare to ride after a sedate trials bike
    Fell off that more than the Bulto lol

I did the whole moped thing
    My love at that time was a yellow Yamaha FS1E like this 1

[​IMG]

Was a bt scary at times scraping the pedals round corners lol
    My was soooo fast at the time, 52mph (every mph counted in moped days lol)

My first 250 was a Honda Superdream (yeh right)
    Fortunately I had a large circle of friends who all had 250's at the time
    So I ended up owning /using for various amounts of time, in no particular order
    Honda CB250RS - a true lightweight 4 stroke single. Lightweight but not as quick as the 2 strokes
    Suzuki Gt250 - felt slow after having a
    Suzuki 250 X7 - proper lightning quick, but very unstable as it was so light
    Kawasaki KH250 - great triple sound but a bitch to keep running on song & by good it drank fuel, but the noise was all worth it
    Yamaha RD250E - my fave, brilliantly fast & handled well (or so I thought)
    Yamaha RD250LC - cutting edge at the time but never really got on with it TBH

Remember 'em all lol

Just Rob. likes this.
  41. Just Rob.

Had one of these CB250's but with the black comstar wheels , in dark red, looked great but the performance never really did the bikes looks justice.
    [​IMG]

Decided a few years later to re-visit honda CB's and got one of the these bad boys...…most certainly a more powerful bike...and nearly killed myself on it ( not my fault) It was Blue CB900FB with black comstar wheels again and piper 4 into 1 exhaust which was loud.

[​IMG]

Bristle Hound likes this.
  42. Just Rob.

that's a great list chap, all the classic 250's in that list.
    I have sad memories though reading your list, my best mate bought a 250Lc new just after they were available to buy in the dealers and he still had his provisional had a bad crash one night on it and died a few days later, very sad day really ,anyway enough of that.
    on with the bikes.

43. Just Rob.

Maico's were great bikes, 400's were a real handful , just found another oldie in the piccy box, bit of classic KTM action..lol it was a big old bike for a 250 but handled perfectly , I fitted some Simons front forks which were a massive improvement over standard.
    allways loved popping wheelies on it., this was some years ago now

IMG_1509.JPG

Bristle Hound likes this.