How many miles from a tank on a 1.8t Quattro?

Cossie_boy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I posed before about my fuel light coming on whilst the guage still read 1/2 a tank.

Well it happened again, and to be on safe side I filled it, once again it took 31 litres and I had done 248 miles.

So im guessing as they hold 62 litres the fuel guage is spot on and the comp is as somone said, baseing the range on the driving style.

I just wandered hiow many miles people are getting on a tank full?

I think it worked out to about 34 mpg average, which isnt that bad really!

Cheers

Dave

i was going to say..... 248 miles to 31 litres sounds damn good!

working it out its actually 36.4mpg! which is actually awesome. at that mpg i highly doubt the computer is bringing the light on early due to driving style!

as far as miles to a full tank goes, i can get around 360 if i try, in theory i should be able to get 400 to a tank, but i always get bored after 200 miles or so and the economy drops off a little as i get bored.

last week on a trip up north i got 39.8mpg cruising from portsmouth up to northampton,

then 34 on the way back because i was in a hurry :D

that said, i thought the A3 had a 55 litre tank?

I know, cool aint it :cool:

Yeah the normal 1.8t is a 55 litre but the quattro is a 62 litre tank according to the handbook

So I wonder why the light keeps coming on then :blink:

Even when I filled it the range was 260 miles I think, strange, tad anooying cos with my Golf and Bora I always used to fill it as soon as the light came on.

Nevermind, im really chuffed and am SO luving being back in a petrol car again :jump:

sounds to me like the sensor is making the wrong reading and you need to have this recalibrated at the dealer because the electronics are giving the incorrect reading.

ive got a Quattro with the slightly bigger fuel tank and i get around 420miles on a good run, not sure how many mpg that is but i think its around 32mpg. Think the book figure is 29 average so as long as you get more than that you should be ok

Oh right, how much do you think the recalibration would be? I wonder if this could be done at a VW dealer as I have a mate that works at one!

Yeah I was thinking about the 400 mile mark for the tank full, cool

djakster said:
ive got a Quattro with the slightly bigger fuel tank and i get around 420miles on a good run, not sure how many mpg that is but i think its around 32mpg. Think the book figure is 29 average so as long as you get more than that you should be ok

I average about 28 in my quattro, although i do have a lead foot :asskicking:

when I got the car last year, it was 30mpg, but its around 27mpg now. 300-250 miles for the tank full.

I had both the tank senders replaced under warranty, so I'm guessing my 27 mpg is genuine. Motorway miles would give in the mid thirties I think.

Yeah id like to of thought ud be able to get 400 miles from a 62 litre tank, then again, I vowed to ignore mpg once I went back to petrol, lol