HOW MANY MILES DOES 20 BUCKS GET YOU??

grays3

Reaction score
I put 20 bucks in my s3 this morning i have done a motorway journey and only got 80 miles and its nealy empty its reading 15 miles left!
i think thats crap really!

mines a 1.8t sport and get probably 130 on a good week lol

grays3 said:
I put 20 bucks in my s3 this morning i have done a motorway journey and only got 80 miles and its nealy empty its reading 15 miles left!
i think thats crap really!

Is it new S3 If so I got 18mpg so £20 at £1.029 a litre got me 77 miles!!! You're doing well!! Seem's you are getting over 22mpg!:hubbahubba:

Rick Glover said:
Is it new S3 If so I got 18mpg so £20 at £1.029 a litre got me 77 miles!!! You're doing well!! Seem's you are getting over 22mpg!:hubbahubba:
its a 2001 8L S3! Im not sure its very good for a long drive! not changing gear much and keeping at a constant 80mph! it was all motorway round town its much worse! ti will do 10 bucks going to the shops lol!

I seem to be getting about 150 miles on my 2.0 TDI. Mostly town drivin this week. May as well run a petrol!!

Stewart said:
LOL, was going to say the very same thing but thought it was a little too pedantic :)
no i am not!!!! its just my poxi laptop pound sign is not working because my keyboard is still in american! as i have only just got it and havnt had the chance to sort it! you boys are just to smart! with words like pedantic! lol

My S3 drinks like a wino, put in 30 litres got 100 miles out of it. I drive with a slightly heavy foot, but not like a lunatic.

Full tank (£65!! from empty using 99 oct) gets me just over 400 miles on long distance drive, I find from full to 1/2 tank I can get about 230 miles but then the last 2/4 only gets me 170 odd maybe 200 at best. However its probably due to me being on the return journey and when within 50 miles of home I tend to speed up. If I am being impatient and launching it from every roundabout and traffic light and going up to 80 odd then my mpg will be about 270-300 for a tank on the same journey. This is on a 1.8t Quattro mapped to 210bhp though so not quite as guzzling as the S3 by the seems of it!

There is no way i would get 400 miles to my tank.. £20 seems to do me miles roughly

Full tank seems to get me about 360 at the moment just cruising about. So probably about 130 for £20.

I think thats pretty good going, allbeit with a light right foot at the moment.

i'll get 300miles consistantly from a full tank but that includes a quick blat here and there, i'm considering driving to spain in it in july so i better sit at 80mph or i'll be filling up every hour!

i'm getting between 300 - 340 from a tank of 99 octane so about 100 miles from £20.

grays3 said:
no i am not!!!! its just my poxi laptop pound sign is not working because my keyboard is still in american! as i have only just got it and havnt had the chance to sort it! you boys are just to smart! with words like pedantic! lol

But you wrote the word, "Bucks"? Are your "P, o, ,n, and d " keys not working either.......? I dont get it?

HTC said:
Full tank seems to get me about 360 at the moment just cruising about. So probably about 130 for £20.

I think thats pretty good going, allbeit with a light right foot at the moment.

I'd say thats the same as mine, when im in work I generally fill up once a week and then just cruise to and from work, with being off for xmas i've been chucking £20 in a time and just driving with a lead foot lol

sitrials said:
i'll get 300miles consistantly from a full tank but that includes a quick blat here and there, i'm considering driving to spain in it in july so i better sit at 80mph or i'll be filling up every hour!

why not drop it to 65/70 and enjoy the drive :) Will get you a fair few more miles as well, not going to add a huge amount to your journey time well maybe a couple of hours on such a large journey! Just to add on long distance to get 400+ miles I sit at 65/70 pretty much the whole way, yeah its a bit slow but then I find it nice more often than not to relax and listen to music and save me some cash at the same time!

100miles from £20 using bp ultimate or totals super, i have a heavy foot too, don't like v power too much, only get 70 to 80miles from £20 using the v power for some reason

I must be well gay i get 350 to 400 from a 62 quid tank full !!! i thought i drove pretty quickly too !!lol!!
I tend to use BP ultimate where i can find it much better than V-Power
way more MPG. Oh and i drive an S3 no mods !

simch said:
But you wrote the word, "Bucks"? Are your "P, o, ,n, and d " keys not working either.......? I dont get it?
did you mean pound?smart ****! what the f..k does it matter! ok pounds if it helps you sleep! or pond as you would say! lol

I get 600 miles from a tank which is £54 ish.

So for £20 i'd say 220 miles..

Much better than I used to get in my 2.0 TDI 140..

I cant keep my car driving sensibly for long enough to get an idea, and with the mods when you put your foot down the fuel goes pretty quickly (The onboard computer lies anyway but Ive seen it down in the 6mpg region a fair amount on the motorway)

I'm getting about 220miles from £65 of V-power......

I must remember to take the lead out of my right shoe

grays3 said:
did you mean pound?smart ****! what the f..k does it matter! ok pounds if it helps you sleep! or pond as you would say! lol

Er, clearly your "U" and "S keys are working as they are used in the word "Bucks!", so no, I did not mean "pound" I meant what I wrote "P O N and D" keys.........get it now.....?

You keep your eye on your MPG. Maybe coast down hills, stick to 45mph on A roads?
I'll just get on driving my car like it's meant to be and make sure I type what I mean!
Allright!?

grathies said:
I cant keep my car driving sensibly for long enough to get an idea, and with the mods when you put your foot down the fuel goes pretty quickly (The onboard computer lies anyway but Ive seen it down in the 6mpg region a fair amount on the motorway)
The MFA is notoriously inaccurate on VAG cars, but your's will possibly have bigger injectors so will be more inaccurate.

It is possible to have the MFA recalibrated using Vagcom, there was a thread about it on TT forum, block 117 IIRC.

On cruise though, your S3 should actually be a little better on fuel than a stock one, due to the bigger turbo being less restrictive and allowing more efficeincy when not under load.

simch said:
The MFA is notoriously inaccurate on VAG cars, but your's will possibly have bigger injectors so will be more inaccurate.

It is possible to have the MFA recalibrated using Vagcom, there was a thread about it on TT forum, block 117 IIRC.

On cruise though, your S3 should actually be a little better on fuel than a stock one, due to the bigger turbo being less restrictive and allowing more efficeincy when not under load.

Saying that tho the MFA on my 17year old Rallye is almost bang on for MPG (well, it does it as how many litres you use to travel 100km)

Wish I could get the thing to 'cruise', wish I had a less powerful car at times because its so hard to not put your foot down, I have the self control of George Bush and Bill Clinton rolled into one! But I chose to compensate for a small manhood by getting more power so Ill just have to enjoy my **** replacement and not worry about fuel, suppose its cheaper than the amount of lube Id go thru wanking if I was bigger lol

i drive a 1.8t 150bhp and i get 300 miles on a full tank costing me around £52

Too many conversions to figure out how many miles I get per U.S Gallon per Buck but from a full tank I get around 350 (with a leaking rad and bad oil)
*Edit* Oh you muppet you put bucks instead of pounds I thought you were american.

TheSpaceCowboy said:
Too many conversions to figure out how many miles I get per U.S Gallon per Buck but from a full tank I get around 350 (with a leaking rad and bad oil)
*Edit* Oh you muppet you put bucks instead of pounds I thought you were american.

LOL!!

simch said:
Er, clearly your "U" and "S keys are working as they are used in the word "Bucks!", so no, I did not mean "pound" I meant what I wrote "P O N and D" keys.........get it now.....?

You keep your eye on your MPG. Maybe coast down hills, stick to 45mph on A roads?
I'll just get on driving my car like it's meant to be and make sure I type what I mean!
Allright!?
trust me i drive my car the way its ment to be driven! but its only a daily driver!!!
Just dont think it really matters if i type bucks pounds quid:applaus:

Personally I convert things into any form I like to just confuse people. Euros, Punts, Francs, Drachmars.... anything that generally isnt used. Makes life more fun

Just done 275 miles on £40.00 V power! Driving like a Granny i must add :lazy: The first time the missus felt comfortable with my driving in a long while, Ive just looked through my original sales brochure at the fuel consumption figures for a 2003 S3 and it states
urban 21.2
extra urban 39.8
combined 30.1
Probably right by my accounts. Oh well probably the first and the last time i will get these figures:bye: Back to driving like i stole it as usual..

I usually get 360-400 from a normal tank of 95RON. Once I got 460 miles to a tank driving like a granny round anglesey on holiday. I will beat that someday and get to the magic 500!

lol I have tried but failed, never seem to quite manage it, I think If I did a 500 mile round trip it would be close but mostly end up doing 400 or so miles and then after that short trips which mess up my mpg :(

£17 gets me 200miles.....i've had an lpg conversion :eek:) Car feels just as lively and switches between petrol and lpg seamlessly.

(1.8T Quattro with average 22mpg)

just done 168 miles for £24 around 35-36 mpg mixed driving , in an a3 1.8 non turbo se , noticed that the air con econ button can give me 3-4 mpg more when its on knew about this before but didn't expect it to be so visable

Rob