How many km do you do in your s3?

bor

Reaction score
With one full gas tank on average?

And how do you drive? Sensibly or the way you should drive a s3? :)

I'm really worried about the gasoline issue...

Approx 270 miles or 432 km with mixed driving. I drive it hard when given the opportunity, sensible around town and about 80mph on the motorway.

Worst dis reading 17mpg after a hard thrash across country and best reading 32mpg cruising at 70mph.

Did not really buy the car for economy though.

Mark

markwiggy said:
Approx 270 miles or 432 km with mixed driving. I drive it hard when given the opportunity, sensible around town and about 80mph on the motorway.

Mark

Doesn't seem too bad though.........

I'm asking because I'm not sire between a fully loaded 2.0tdi or the S3......I worry about the gas since my last car was a 1.9 tdi :(

Really want the s3 though :thumbsup:

if you even thought about fuel consumption forget the S3...

I order mine but I was aware of the monthly rent in petrol...

Pedro

Agree with newbiecrg

If you are worried about fuel maybe not the car to go for!

It uses alot more than my 8L S3's I had, to be more precise I get about 50-60miles less to a tank and struggle to get around 28mpg on a short run.

One thing iv'e noticed is that the average mpg on the dis updates much quicker than the 8L S3 so it may be more accurate.

its not really in issue as to buying the car, I just want to know what to expect

bor said:
Doesn't seem too bad though.........

I'm asking because I'm not sire between a fully loaded 2.0tdi or the S3......I worry about the gas since my last car was a 1.9 tdi :(

Really want the s3 though :thumbsup:

I've just gone from a 2.0Tdi to a 3.0litre petrol and the shock to my wallet is huge!.

I'm now filling up every other day but it's worth it, so I say just be prepared to visit the pumps more often and enjoy it :)

J.

Unless you are doing 18,000 miles a year can I suggest you look at total cost of ownership and not fuel.

You will lose far more in depreciation then you would ever save in petrol costs, unless of course you are doing massive high mileage or buy a second hand motor.

If you are buying new you may want to get the S3 simply as a result of class leading residuals, my current 8L is approx £10K after purchase new of £22K over 5 1/2 years, along with variable servicing which meant a bill of around £1500 for approx 64000 miles and that just left tyres and oil.

I expect the new S3 will deliver the same levels of TCO as the old one and offer improved dynamics when driven too. Great!

You KNOW you want it, go on, get a S3! I am! :hubbahubba:

I do around 18-20K a year and probably a diesel would be sensible...

It's like many things in life... I don't like to drive diesels, even fast ones... I prefer the caracter of a petrol engine. So I opted for petrol even though might not be logical...

You only live once! Get the S3 you will enjoy it! Unless your monthly budget is too tight, get it! Otherwise stick with a doog diesel.

I'm spending an average of £200 a month on my Alfa... In my S3 I'm expecting £300, depends on your budget...

Pedro