1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

How many cigarettes do you smoke?

Just Rob. Jan 22, 2020

1. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

Right, just out of interest , how many ciggy's do you smoke a day, and also how long has that been for?

I don't partake in the habbit myself , my parent used to smoke like chimneys but never bothered me.
    But would like to gauge how many on average get smoked per person per day.

What will a box of ciggy's cost these days?
    The last time I looked they were about £1.49 for 20 silk cut, that may have been a long time ago though..lol

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. joinerman

joinerman Well-Known Member

None but i have to inhale other peoples

DieselJake, Raiden and Just Rob. like this.
  4. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

Not ideal I agree, well having spent my childhood in a smoker zone.

5. CHEZ

CHEZ moderately amusing Supporter

£10 plus for 20 these days.
    That made me stop.
    I think 20 a day is a lot although not unusual.
    10 a day is a moderately light smoker.
    Just as a scale.
    A 20 a day habbit smoking legit shop bought fags works out at over £560 per month.
    That is a rather nice car.
    Obviously they are exceptions.
    Go out drinking, you typically smoke more

Bristle Hound and Just Rob. like this.
  6. Just Rob.

That's what crossed my mind today chap.
    So on those figures an average smoker will burn through over £6000 a year .
    Let alone drinking out per week aswell.

Bristle Hound likes this.
  7. CHEZ

CHEZ moderately amusing Supporter

Yep.
    Absolutely madness isn't it?
    Also you will find, and I wonder this often, people who don't work often smoke.
    How the hell can they do it?

8. Just Rob.

It's a lot of cash , I've never really thought about it until today , I know my parent smoked all their lives and it killed my father but I never really took any notice, they wouldn't quit so never questioned it .
    I'm not a smoker nor a drinker as such and don't do fuuny weeds or stuff but i'm amazed now at how much cash can be wasted per month or annually doing any or all of them .
    All that cash that could be used on better things.
    That makes my car spending very acceptable in comparison.

9. Raiden

Raiden Well-Known Member

Cheaper to smoke weed or snort cocaine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Ironically that's ****** true these days, bizarre.

I also remember Rob when silk cut were pound a packet.

11. Ghost

Ghost Booooooo! Gold Supporter

I don’t smoke, and it always shocks me when I see the price of them.

I was in an off-licence just the other day, (putting the lotto on) and a customer was trying to buy some tobacco. I say trying because they didn’t have enough money to do so!
    I been in the same position before where someone couldn’t pay for food or a drink , and I offered to pay for them..
    I felt I couldn’t offer to buy tobacco, but this did really bother me later, I don’t know if I should or shouldn’t have offered to give them the money?

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Bryant1998

Bryant1998 Well-Known Member

Definitely shouldn’t give them the money, smoking is a luxury/expensive habit.
    Blows my mind when people ask for money for food because they’re skint at the end of the month, but they drink and smoke like it’s free.

Also winds me up when people ask if you’ve got a ‘spare’ cigarette? Asif there’s anyone out there who smokes 19/20 and throws the last one away???

But if you do feel like you want to be a Good Samaritan, I could do with some new tyres soon on my S3? Just an idea ;)

14. CarbonMike

CarbonMike Active Member Team Brilliant Black quattro Audi A4 Black Edition

None anymore.

Went from 10 to 15 a day to cold turkey on Jan 1st 2017 and never smoked since.

Started smoking about 15 years old, stopped at 30.

A combination of lots of caffine and smoking led to an absurdly high blood pressure and random nose bleeds when only slightly exerting myself, so chose to stop.

15. Just Rob.

Wise descision.:icon thumright:

16. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Man TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado S tronic Audi S4 quattro Black Edition

None, since 11 January 1996.

Make what you will from the fact that I remember the exact date. :)

Just Rob. and Bryant1998 like this.
  17. Just Rob.

Having never smoked I cant really begin to understand how difficult it must be to quit, both my parent's smoked all there lives , they tried stopping many times but never really lasted.
    My sister smokes aswell and has on and off period of the habbit, I'm probably lucky in that I never touched them being in such close contact.
    Having seen how smoking slowly killed my father , it wasn't nice at the end to be honest and I think if you are a smoker you should stop sooner than later.

Anyway, I just remind myself how much cash I haven't wasted over the years with them and how my overall health has not been made to much the worse by not smoking, although I may well be a victim of passive smoking .

18. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator X3 M-Sport Alpine White

Stopped smoking 36 years ago when I got married
    Started when I was 15. Stopped when I was 21
    It took me 3 attempts to stop. In those days it was just will power alone to stop, or it was for me at least. Put a stone on in weight when I finally did, which took some time to shift lol
    I was smoking about 10-12 / day as I recall
    There is the odd occasion when I could still go one, but would defo not have another, ever!

jdp1962 and Just Rob. like this.
  19. Dubjam

Dubjam Active Member Team Daytona VCDS Map User S tronic saloon quattro Audi A3 Black Edition

I smoked 20-40 a day from around 15-30 years old, including weed in the evenings, then I quit cold turkey of everything almost ten years ago. Still occasionally, maybe once a year, have a joint as I still massively enjoy it, but I make sure I don't go down the slippery slope into anymore.

The tax on tobacco is basically just another tax on the poor though, it's another disgrace designed by people who have aren't poor.

Bryant1998 likes this.
  20. Seanchadwick2k3

Seanchadwick2k3 Audi A6 C6 2.0tdi 2011 Sline Special Edition S-line owners group Audi A6 Le Mans Edition

I smoked 10 per day and stopped when my first child was on the way but I still smoked a bit of weed of an evening mixed with tobacco. That carries on for a few years until I got myself an e cigarette and ditched the spliffs for a vaporiser. I still use the ecig daily and occasionally Cape the other stuff but I am looking to knock the ecig on the head though, not for any particular reason other than what's the point as you don't get anything out of it. Would you get on the ale and ruin your liver if it never got you drunk?

Bryant1998 likes this.
  21. Turkster

Turkster W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro

I smoked 40-60 a day when i lived and worked in Turkey, I gave up the drug in 2006 and have most prob smokd 5 fags since when ****** !

22. b2

b2 Member

I used Tesco nicotone gums to stop, they did the job for when you have a craving and they taste disgusting so after a few days you end up going off them as well.