How Long Will I Get Banned For...

T11OM F

Fearon
Reaction score
Website
www.sloar-shades.eu
Just recived my nip in the post...

Clocked by a mobile speed van @ 71mph in a 40mph zone...

I know its bad, but it was on a dual carraige way, and there were roadworks ahead. Sunday morning, no workers were working, and and i was not in the controflow.

I do abt 60k a year, clean driving licence, and if i tohught i was in the controflow i would of done 40, but i didnt think i was in the 40mph zone at the time...

I cant have points on my licence as it will affect my job, and i wont be able to drive half the cars i do for work...

So i need a ban....
But.. I need to drive to work, so a ban means i wont be working, which is fine because i can go nd work in spain for a bit...

But how long do you think i will get banned for?

Thanks!

How long have you had your driving licence for?
Well to be fair they might look at this and say " he has a clean licence lets go easy
but then agen you were doing 71mph so its hard to say.
If you get points it might be 6 plus fine or thay can send you to some day corse. Really boring.
or
Will be a ban for 3-6 months plus fine and might have some points?
Whos knows
Think your jus have to sit and wait mate
I got 5 points plus £250 fine for doing 97 in 70 on the A127 to southend

do you have a points and penalty offer?

I doubt you will get banned for doing 70 on a dual carriageway to be honest, even tho it was supposed to be a 40 limit.

More likely 4/5 points and a big fine.

Like i said... I can not take points, as my licence needs to be clean for work, a ban is fine, but points is a big no no.

Ive had my licence for 6 years, and never had any points, and do 60k a year.

I drive really expensive cars for work, as im a window tinter, and if i have any points i wont be able to afford the insurance....

Its going to court, as it cant be dealt by a means of a fix penalty.

But if you get a ban when you get your licence back it'll have points on it...wont it?

It wont have points on it, a ban wipes the license clean but you have to tell the insurance company and usually being banned for a month or two has a much worse effect than having say 6 points.

Usually, every insurer is different.

No it will show a ban, but with no points..

As above,my insurance is fine with a ban for speedi ng offences, and they will keep my premium the same, but with points it goes sky high...

Ok well my small piece of advice would be...

Represent yourself or don't even turn up to court - they take harsher action on people with no solicitor or who represent themselves in writing.

That is pure speculation on my part but i have a few friends in the police who seem to agree...

Dave_Bayern said:
Federal *** raping prison for you my boy :bye:

I wish!!! lol... They get it easy inside, but less off the *** raping...

Yeah you can get a bann with no points on your licence. But it will show as a ban...

Surely if you got 3 points then it wouldn't make too much difference to your insurance. Ring your insurance company and ask them? Will anyone else take the rap for you? i.e dad???

Surely a couple of SP30's on your license is better than a showing a ban that could be for either speeding or drink driving or something else serious??

CD, DD or DR offences increase your premium massively

Anythign SP related isn't so bad, as even the insurance companies realise how little it takes to rack up these offences

The problem for you here is that you don't decide what the punishment will be.

It's going to court because it's deemed too severe an offence to be dealt with via the 3 points/£60 fine system, so I would guess the punishment could be anything from 6 points/large fine, up to a ban/large fine.

As I say though, you can't plead you want a ban rather than points/fine.

I got 4 points /650 fine for something MUCH worse than speeding, so I'd imagine a ban would be unlikely?

You'll most likely get 6 points and £200-£300 fine depending on your income.
A ban is better than points? I don't think so. Points make no difference to your policy, but a ban will double it.

I know a few people who have been banned for varying reasons and all have had their insurance policy's doubled after the ban is lifted. Points can affect your policy dependant on what the offence was and the amount of points but they are not counted after 3 years and are removed after 5 years. where as a ban is seven years i think.

I agree with AndyMac and reckon 6 points and £200-£300 fine. Your insurance company must be happier to insure someone like that rather than someone who has been banned.

it will be between 3-6 points plus a fine of £250
You can only get ban if your well over the limit so for 40 need to be over 97.
also almost instant ban if your license is less than 2 years old (or 6 points)which is not your case.

with your case you will have to try and plead with the court and get you employer to write a letter stating you will loose your job if you get points.
You can also say you are willing to pay a larger fine

or to get a ban you need 12 points which is a 6 month ban

also get a good sols to check the case against you for any loopholes or things were the prosecution have failed to do things properly as any 1 tiny thing you find will throw the case out of court and leave you laughing at them.

Ive had mates with no points banned for similar speeds (30mph over the posted speedlimit) and they had been driving for over 4years

It seems to vary, Im being messed about over if I am getting done or not for speeding, they filled out the forms wrong and gave me some bizzare offence code