How long does it take for engine to reach peak temp Turbo Diesel?

Zolly

Reaction score
As above how long @ from cold does/should it take to reach peak temp and efficency? Also pardon the newbie question but what is refered to as "Understear/Overstear"

Thanks

yep about 5 to 10 mins but you need to take into acount if your driving and how fast or stuck in trafic will take a bit longer

There are lots of factors to take into account before deciding an engine is at maximum efficiency, and for temperature the ambient air temp. can have a big effect too. Have you a problem with yours?

Understeer is when the front wheels of a car run wide in corners. Oversteer is when the back end of the car breaks loose and you need to steer 'into' the skid. Put both terms into Wikipedia and you will find all you'll ever need.

Thanks for the replies!
My car doesnt have a problem I was just wondering how long it takes @ - since I had my thremostat sensor replaced my car is actualy running warm at last.. now my fuel effiency has shot up. Howver I have noticed that on some of the threads it suggests members are getting over 50mpg. ( a figure I can only dream of, that includes me driving mainly motorway miles)

Would it make any dif if my car has been remapped (now 146bhp) I dont drive like a madman its more or less constant 60-70mph

As for the overstear etc thanks for the replies will l@@k it up

I have a 1.9Tdi so it should theoretically achieve 50+mpg :faint: I have never got anywhere near that at best its 46mpg driving full tank to full tank. I am not going to bash myself up about it as I am getting more than I did before and travel @ 45miles per day every day of which 35 is motorway..

Would there be some setting withing the engine managment system that might need tweaking? Thanks for the reply by the way