How long before I can launch it?

Joetidman

Reaction score
So...had my S3 a week, done 450 miles....itching to give it the beans more. When do folk thing I could safely launch it? 1000 miles, 1500?

Reactions: Coddy
I waited 1000. Also hard to find a good road which is ok for safety and road condition.

You can probably get away with less, and when the whole car is bedded in a little

First 10min of collecting mine.

Reactions: Joetidman, Scott and pat15312
Did everybody test an emergency brake first? Not as thrilling, but the car certainly stops when needed

how is it done in my stronic S3 SB ?

assume into sport / dynamic, foot on both brake and accelerator then let go of break ?

You have to switch off auto stop start, economy mode engine power off thinkgy and traction control as well as put into sport mode, left foot on the brake, right foot all the way down on the accelerator, then let go of the brake and hold on and smile.

You must be chapping at the bit to give it big licks....... I will not be too far behind you, pick the car up on Wednesday. Roll on:jump:

Reactions: Joetidman and RYuill
Just wait until it's warm.

Reactions: Joetidman
You have to switch off auto stop start, economy mode engine power off thinkgy and traction control as well as put into sport mode, left foot on the brake, right foot all the way down on the accelerator, then let go of the brake and hold on and smile.

It looked easier in the Golf R Carbuyer video - the guy in that seemed to just turn off traction control, put gearbox in sport, hit the break and floor it!