Facelift How hard is stock suspension?

Masslob

Reaction score
Currently waiting to hear from my guy at Audi if and when they will resume Rs3 production, if they dont then i will consider getting a stock Rs3. Now the stock suspension on an S3 is pretty harsh and from what ive read the Rs3 is harsher, would like to hear from FL owners on here on what their verdict is as to whether ill need to get a good chiropractor for the the abuse the car will be putting my spine through ;)

I don't find it too bad with the mag ride to be honest, it's definitely softer than the notoriously firm suspension of the Fiesta ST I had before this, but at the same time it's no Rolls Royce. Ultimately any car in this sort of class is going to have a firm suspension, it's just the nature of the beast!

Reactions: jimojameso
I've got the mag ride and to be totally honest I wish I had gone for the standard suspension.

I had no choice as I wanted the sports exhaust and you could only get this as part of the "dynamic pack" previously which bundled the exhuast with the mag ride.

It's "ok" but I have speed bumps on our housing estate and I have to slow to a crawl to go over them - the slowest I have to drive of any car I have owned ... last cars all Audis (S5 / TTS / TT).

My wife has a new shape Audi TT s line on 19" alloys also - and that car rides over the bumps waaaaaay better than my RS3 (even in comfort setting). The S Line Audi's used to be renowned for having rock hard suspension but judging by the TT they have nailed it now and its very compliant.

I know many RS3 owners with standard suspension have no complaints.

Equally there are many RS3 owners who swear by the mag ride - so it really is personal choice and possibly dependend on the roads you drive / driving style / condition of the roads etc.

Thanks guys my dilemma is, if forced to, would I be able to live with a vanilla car or would I be bitching every time I went over a pot hole and it gave me a hernia?

Used would be the next option but even if buying from Audi would it have been ragged? Would the warranty be less than a new car? At least if I got a Vanilla Car it would be new from the factory with full warranty despite its shortcoming in comfort and extras

I have standard RS suspension and have no complaints whatsoever.

It's a perfect compromise against the mag ride being too hard or too soft.

Reactions: Adi7r, jimojameso and Snake Pliskin
I have standard RS suspension and have no complaints whatsoever.

It's a perfect compromise against the mag ride being too hard or too soft.

lol ... the mag ride is NEVER too solf ha ha in any setting !

Dynamic = ROCK hard
Comfort = Very hard

IMO lol :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: teslaboy
I have actually found a used one in my price range, really low mileage and almost every option under the sun (considering the price) but its got roof rails..which ruins the whole thing! would i be able to live with roof rails???

I have actually found a used one in my price range, really low mileage and almost every option under the sun (considering the price) but its got roof rails..which ruins the whole thing! would i be able to live with roof rails???

Go for it! Should imagine they're easy to take off? And to be honest I think the roof rails look pretty smart, especially if it's nardo!

what colour is the car and what colour are the roof rails

I love the roof rails

Catalunya Red. Silver roof rails!

If its got the alu pack also that car will be stunning, rare also, not many red ones about

I personally think roof rails make the car look longer and a bit estate like, which I think is a great look

Yup it's got the aluminium too

Yeah the roof rails are quite jarring, i thought which psycho does that to a car and then the dealer told me its a demo model which makes more sense as to why theyd get every option under the sun (including roof rails!)

I can never understand the facination for so many people loving these roof rails lol.

If you need a roof box then fair enough ... but just for show ? :blink:

I just don't get it.

Saying that ... if the car you have found is perfect otherwise, then I "think" I could live with them.

Reactions: jimojameso
Well may not be an issue my contact at Audi says to wait another two weeks for confirmation if there will be a 2019 run of the RS3. His gut feeling is there will be. So I guess we'll see in a few weeks ;)

Surprised I'm the first to say this, but I'd heard that even Chuck Norris won't mess with it.

Reactions: Behind The Bins