How good is the sat nav?

Ah i see. Thanks for clarifying.

Having just looked at an Owner's Manual, on page 59 it says "On vehicles with LED headlights or xenon headings with turning light, the headlight dip settings must be modified if you drive a right-hand vehicle in a left-hand drive country or visa versa. Otherwise you will dazzle oncoming traffic. On vehicles with regular halogen or xenon headlights, it is not necessary to change the dip settings".

Stupid question. I have the code 8Q3 (Automatic headlight-range adjustment dynamic), is this the adaptive lights system?
But still can't seem to change the light direction in MMI to drive in europe, as its greyed out and wouldn't let me select.
Wondering if this can be changed with coding.

Why would you want to change it with coding? Its obviously greyed out for a reason,not because something is wrong, suggesting that it is done by the Sat-Nav. It's not so unusual.

The Sat-Nav turns the adaptive turning lights on when you pass a junction - I think it can work out if you're in a different country...

The Sat-Nav doesn't need to be in use for the GPS receiver to be working.

Why would you want to change it with coding? Its obviously greyed out for a reason,not because something is wrong, suggesting that it is done by the Sat-Nav. It's not so unusual.

The Sat-Nav turns the adaptive turning lights on when you pass a junction - I think it can work out if you're in a different country...

The Sat-Nav doesn't need to be in use for the GPS receiver to be working.

As you have the Xenon Light Package which includes Adaptive headlights with Xenon Plus headlights I assume the option will not be 'greyed out' in your MMI screen. This is because your car will need to be changed for using in a left-hand drive country.

If it is greyed out then it may well be done by the Sat/Nav if you have that fitted.

I think greyed out means you don't need to change it (though I don't understand this - surely the beam patterns are different left and right?). I have sat nav but the option to change side of the road is available for me to change.