How fast have you had your 1.8T?

It'll be interesting to see what Tuffty Welly and I can manage when were all ready for some runway drags :eyebrows:

On a private test track once I did get the needle past the last mark on the speedo (the one that suggests 10mph over 160) and she was still going but I bottled... when I get the mapping sorted I'll try again with the v-box but not sure the current runway of choice is long enough to attain top speed...

<tuffty/>

I can't remember where I read it or if its true, but it mentioned the s3 6 speed box only capable of 165mph.
But suppose it don't matter, its how fast it gwts there that matters

Hmm we shall see, I read somewhere you cant do 60 in second but

photo60.png

theres really only one way to find out :racer: if we ask nicely Bill might let us borrow his v-box for it.

We might also be able to go a bit faster if we can come on to the runway at speed but we might get asked to leave lol

7200 I think... it's a bit hard to tell lol

I can't remember where I read it or if its true, but it mentioned the s3 6 speed box only capable of 165mph.
But suppose it don't matter, its how fast it gwts there that matters
I think it is possible to get 180 mph out of the s3 box

Not sure but I do have my rev limit raised to 7.8k from 6.8k so I will get more top end speed that way... power will be needed to attain this flat out of course... I would test this on Bill's dyno but its max roller speed is around 150mph which mine more or less does in 5th currently...

Hmm we shall see, I read somewhere you cant do 60 in second but

photo60.png

theres really only one way to find out :racer: if we ask nicely Bill might let us borrow his v-box for it.

You have a slightly raised rev limit mate... 7.2k IIRC... normal rev limit in second won't hit 60mph on 6 speed boxes..

The v-box is currently in my boot ;P

<tuffty/>

Surely Bill can tell you. I'm guessing he set that up on the map so it is possible to hit 60mph in 2nd gear? Do you know when your max torque is on the rev range?

I'm sure Bill can Im just not 100% what my limit is

Yep torque curve is here. max torque at c. 4.5K (It's the red line)

dane-s3-rt-std-tip-vsrt3intip-vs-b5-3intip.jpg

Just wondered Dane as you power will be on the down as you reach the limiter anyway so you might as well change gear at max torque ;)

True true, we can test which is best on the runway too I guess. :thumbsup:

Plenty of S3's in Gloucestershire ;P

<tuffty/>

Yeah man last I heard it was going to be back on, after welly and I have finished, I the way of;
Standard
Stage 1
K04 hybrid
IHI Pe1820
Gt30

I would still like to have some fun on an airfield thats for sure

Yeah man last I heard it was going to be back on, after welly and I have finished, I the way of;
Standard
Stage 1
K04 hybrid
IHI Pe1820
Gt30

I would still like to have some fun on an airfield thats for sure

I've had another guy calling me from Kemble airfield as well - so we might be able to get a runway long enough to land 747s....

Yeah man!

I really want to secretly install Nitrous for a laugh!

haha Ill be lucky if the 100 shot of NOS doesn't blow the welds on the intake:rockwoot:

Now, me and the mad scientist got to rip apart the block... and replace the piston rings you fried.

I think the S3 Gearbox will max out at 175/80 this is based on 75mph being around 3k in 6th so 25mph per 1000 rpm 25x7= 175. Getting the S3 to that speed will be a different matter though due to aero dynamics, im not saying it cant be done but it wont be easy either.

Now, me and the mad scientist got to rip apart the block... and replace the piston rings you fried.

Ask any racer any real racer, it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile.... winnings winning! I heart fast and the furious quotes

I seem to recall I did 140 in mine in Germany.... it was about two or three years ago. I would not do it again.
White knuckle ride for me but I am just a big scaredy cat!

Back on topic ;)

143 I think its was, in a 1.8T (wasnt mine!) and that was on a fully calibrated car using provida kit (Mk1 Skoda Octavia VRS full of kit on the A46 :D )

As most superbikes will do 190mph, with a 1/4 in 10.5 seconds at 150mph+, we can assume that's just "story bravado".

Been there done that and its scary as ****, not easy to sustain for any real length of time and unless the roads very straight you will come a cropper very fast, if I wanted to go very fast for any length of time I'd do it in the car not on the bike thats for sure. A bike sill stuff a car 0-150 which is far far far more fun than having a 20-30 mph advantage that you can exploit 1% ot the time

As most superbikes will do 190mph, with a 1/4 in 10.5 seconds at 150mph+, we can assume that's just "story bravado".

You my friend have a FAIL.

Ive done an indicated 155 on a flat. And that really was in Germany unlike some ahem lol. I think 160 would have been failry easily doable but traffic fast approaching meant I didnt try.