How easy to remove grill

Brodster

Reaction score
Website
www.brotek.co.uk
Hi all. I pick up my new S3 on Friday but my new optic grill isnt gonna be here in time for the garage to fit it so I will have to change the grills over myself and decide what colour rings to put on. I PM'd Paullie as shes got a noddy guide to removal and refit but hasnt replied so she may be on her hols. How easy is it to change over the grills without taking the bumper off.

not do'able lad imo. have taken my grille 3 times and cannot see how it can be done without taking the bumper. me too will be fitting a new this weekend

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/media/FMINTS3FS(1).pdf

I used this mate, its the fitting for a FMIC but has the instructions on how to take the bumper of..

Remember there is 10mm bolts in the side the wheel arch. U can do it with the wheels on. And there is screws along the bottom of thr front lip..

U will understand how these cars are built. There must have been some german guy shouting "NIEN NIEN.. WE MUST NEED MORE SCREWS" hahahaha

Enjoy!!!1

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/media/FMINTS3FS(1).pdf

I used this mate, its the fitting for a FMIC but has the instructions on how to take the bumper of..

Remember there is 10mm bolts in the side the wheel arch. U can do it with the wheels on. And there is screws along the bottom of thr front lip..

U will understand how these cars are built. There must have been some german guy shouting "NIEN NIEN.. WE MUST NEED MORE SCREWS" hahahaha

Enjoy!!!1

lmfao after my conversion, I still had screws left over. No idea where they came from

Hi all. I pick up my new S3 on Friday but my new optic grill isnt gonna be here in time for the garage to fit it so I will have to change the grills over myself and decide what colour rings to put on. I PM'd Paullie as shes got a noddy guide to removal and refit but hasnt replied so she may be on her hols. How easy is it to change over the grills without taking the bumper off.

think you lads missed the tag line :laugh:

think you lads missed the tag line :laugh:

I didn't miss a thing mate, I said it's not possible is it? Even the guide says "If you're wondering if it's necessary to remove the front bumper to swap the grilles, YES, it is necessary, you'll see why"

Did this a week ago, prepare to be ****** off for around 2-3 hours! I'd recommend starting early, i.e. have nothing planned for the next 3-4 hours. The bumper comes off relatively easy once all screws are out, the grill though was near impossible. I ended up breaking off all of the plastic tabs from the one i was taking off - was cracked anyway - and it was still a pain in the ****! Pick up a short stubby screw driver with the different end attachments (forget the proper name) this will help around the wheel arch if you keep the wheels on.

Howz about this for service....BE grille just landed on my doorstep 5 mins ago. Cant grumble at that - 4 days for delivery from Germany........Quick phonecall to Audi and it shall be with them 0800 tomorrow and then pick up the new S3 between 1300-1400. The black rings look awesome on the front BTW.

Howz about this for service....BE grille just landed on my doorstep 5 mins ago. Cant grumble at that - 4 days for delivery from Germany........Quick phonecall to Audi and it shall be with them 0800 tomorrow and then pick up the new S3 between 1300-1400. The black rings look awesome on the front BTW.

Still waiting for mine:sadlike:
Shipped last Wednesday apparently but the guy won't return my emails regarding shipping info. I'm quite miffed but also glad to hear you've got yours. I've PM'd you for some info

any pics of the new grille?

does it look like this ? :yum:

grille.jpg

yep black gloss. not got the rear yet. trying to work out how to change the S3 badge over to the s line but the grille is spot on :yes:

the pressed plates finish it off

Last edited:
4.5 hrs to go.......Im like a child at Xmas. The grill has been dropped off at Audi......believe it or not they were waiting for it when my missus dropped it off so they could get right on it.

:sign_pics::sign_pics: get them posted lad. even i'm looking forward to see your car :photo: :laugh: