Facelift How does one sell an RS3 to a non dealer?

Masslob

Reaction score
Hi all

As much as I love her, I can't justify what I spend on her a month Vs how much I use her.

I've tried to sell her on to dealer for a cheaper car but the deals are never as good and I will always end up losing the sizeable deposit I out down

Now she is worth (by comparing something similar on Audi's site) about 4k more than the settlement figure.

So theoretically could I sell her private (or to a dealer willing to pony up the full worth) and pay off my finance and the extra 4k would go to recouping a fair amount of the deposit I put down?

Absolutely.

If to a dealer, they would clear the finance and transfer you 4K. Private sale would be they transfer the cash into your account, you clear the finance etc.

A word of caution to both parties would be to make 100% sure the finance is cleared before handing over v5's etc.

Private sale will be harder (I think) as people less likely to want to hand over large sums of money (PCP preferable) and there has to be a level of trust about clearing the finance.

Do-able - just not as easy as a trade in.

Reactions: sve170
Yeah the dealers always offer to pay off the finance and give me some equity as long as I take out another deal, which is never what I want. I'd rather wash my hands of it and do a new deal from scratch. Right now it's looking like I have to wait another year till mid point and either hope there is something cheap enough that ticks all the boxes that I can roll it into or failing that giving it back and losing all the money I have already put into it

There are a number of companies who'll take the RS3 off your hands, without taking out another deal.

Automotive addiction, Autocentre inverurie to name 2.

Just send them details and I'm sure they'll give you a price. It's up to you whether that price is acceptable or not.

I traded a Mustang 5.0 GT for a JCW Mini a couple of years ago. I put £2k from the Mustang into the JCW deal and also £5k back into my bank account. (I had £7k equity in the Mustang).

It's do-able.

Hi all

As much as I love her, I can't justify what I spend on her a month Vs how much I use her.

I've tried to sell her on to dealer for a cheaper car but the deals are never as good and I will always end up losing the sizeable deposit I out down

Now she is worth (by comparing something similar on Audi's site) about 4k more than the settlement figure.

So theoretically could I sell her private (or to a dealer willing to pony up the full worth) and pay off my finance and the extra 4k would go to recouping a fair amount of the deposit I put down?

Don’t give it back to Audi dealer, regardless of mileage, condition etc you will lose big time.
Earlier this year I sold my 2018 FL RS3 to an independent dealer in my area.
Compared with my local Audi dealer the independent blew the Audi main dealer valuation out of the water by many £1000’s, a no brainer.
Also the independent dealer was a mad Petrolhead, loved the RS, completely detailed it (already ceramic coated) and it sold in under 24hrs.

I know for sure the Audi dealer would have just put it through the automatic car wash and chucked it on the forecourt waiting for a buyer to arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Terminator x and TheFiftheElement
There are a number of companies who'll take the RS3 off your hands, without taking out another deal.

Automotive addiction, Autocentre inverurie to name 2.

Just send them details and I'm sure they'll give you a price. It's up to you whether that price is acceptable or not.

I traded a Mustang 5.0 GT for a JCW Mini a couple of years ago. I put £2k from the Mustang into the JCW deal and also £5k back into my bank account. (I had £7k equity in the Mustang).

It's do-able.

Will 2nd that, Autocentre Inverurie great service, terrific management team and love their motors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sell private.

Call the finance company while the new buyer is there and hand the phone over to them so they make the balance payment to the finance company. Then transfer you the rest. Then just forward on all the paperwork you receive to the new owner.

That's how I've done any previous car sale with outstanding finance.

Reactions: jebusRS
Would you sell an RS private though?

I'm personally worried about advertising any any potentially persons that may then try and target the car but on the flip struggling to get any interest from going through independents. Am I being a bit paranoid here? I mean I sold my GTI without a hitch but that was a 7k car not a 30k

In fact the best offer I have is with webuyanycar which seems a bit ridiculous when the cars has got quite a few options ticked. So pondering putting it up private for 30k for a quick sale.

Any opinions appreciated

Would you sell an RS private though?

I'm personally worried about advertising any any potentially persons that may then try and target the car but on the flip struggling to get any interest from going through independents. Am I being a bit paranoid here? I mean I sold my GTI without a hitch but that was a 7k car not a 30k

In fact the best offer I have is with webuyanycar which seems a bit ridiculous when the cars has got quite a few options ticked. So pondering putting it up private for 30k for a quick sale.

Any opinions appreciated
Sold mine privately. Massive amount of wasters on the phone though all offering £5k under list! Sold to first person that viewed.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimmgc51