1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

How does ESP effect Quattro?

paultownsend Aug 11, 2019

1. paultownsend

paultownsend Member

This is specifically for a pre FL S3 (my car) with with generation 2 Haldex. Manual box.

I can’t figure out how ESP works. The car has so much mechanical grip with Michelin PS3’s. Dry and wet. Does it only work when the light dash flashes? Or is it working all the time? Is it cutting power if it detects slip? What will happen if I turn it off?

Any insight is appreciated.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. J0N

J0N Well-Known Member

4. SootySport

SootySport Well-Known Member Team Silver

As above, make sure you click on the ‘transverse system’ as we have the Haldex Coupling

5. paultownsend

paultownsend Member

Cheers. I also read the letter from Haldex. I understand how the system works on it’s own, but don’t quite understand how the ESP integrates?

6. R0cket

R0cket Active Member Team Aruba Blue TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Team Phantom

There must be a esp hack like the F1 mclaren where Mika hakien (bad spelling) had 2 brake pedals like a tractor and could apply more brakes to the inner wheels hooking the car round hehe

7. SootySport

SootySport Well-Known Member Team Silver

The ESP is switched on all the time. It only flashes on the dash lamp when wheel slip is detected and corrections are made by braking an individual wheel or reducing throttle input.
    Should explain this in the Owners Manual if you have one. Used to be be a simple explanation on Audi’s sales website as well, maybe still on there for the latest 8V version.

8. Grey_Man

Grey_Man Member

Just had a quick look at my bible, not sure if it’s this, but an interesting read. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk