How do you remove the rear, side window??

Mudz

Reaction score
Hi sum **** has thrown a snowball and cracked the rear passanger window, its a 3 door and im struggling to remove it, i have taken the hex bolt off and cant see how it comes from the otherside, any help??

im not sure, but my cars in the body shop and they took the rear windows and rear screen out and they had no problems so imagine it should be quite straight forward?

Pop the rear quarter panel off so you can then pop off the panel which covers the seatbelt. They are held in by metal clips, just place a long flat trim tool or bar and pop them out being careful not to break anything. Move the seatbelt plastic trim to one side as there are two nuts,10mm i think, which hold the window frame to the pillar. One at the top and one at the bottom, you will see a hole large enough to fit a socket through and the nuts are on the inside of these. You will then need to unscrew the bracket at the rear of the window which you open the window up with. Unscrew the one screw from the inside, from memory i think it is a torx screw, then collect the 3 or 4 bits that come off when you remove this and make sure you take note of how they lined up. The only thing holding the frame on now is three silver rivets which you will see on the inside of the door frame on the metal side cover. Drill these out, be careful as you can slip easily off the rivet. Once out you can then maneouvre the window out by sliding the whole piece towards the front of the car and then off the car itself. I think you also need to remove the seal on the interior which sits around the window frame, just pop it up at one point and then pull it away from the frame.

Hopefully that makes sense.................having done it quite a few times it takes about 5 minutes but first time maybe 30mins a window. If you need any help then just PM me.

Andy