How do you hoover?

Reaction score
Fed up with dragging the hoover and extension lead out, I know it sounds lazy but has anyone come across a decent cordless?

I have a Dyson cordless that's works well, they are a bit pricey though. Very powerful motor for a cordless but this does make it heavy.

I also have the Dyson car kit which give you couple of upholstery brushes and a long bendy attachment.

IMG 2101

usually naked why do you ask?

Reactions: crazy88, audilad9, ruffrida and 1 other person
im banned from out dyson handheld
so i pay someone to hoover it

Arc car wash has the best hoover going, a £for bout 20mins at mine,nearly pulls ya carpets up its that strong, part from that me 9yr old lad with the cat&dog vax lol

Glad I'm not alone! I put a blanket over the sill and don't rush anything, the seats in the cab must weigh nearly as much as me.

i find my dyson hand held is just not quite up to the job ... i think if you are very thorough about hoovering your car you need to stick to getting that extension lead out!!!

i find my dyson hand held is just not quite up to the job ... i think if you are very thorough about hoovering your car you need to stick to getting that extension lead out!!!

Ultimately I have to agree even though I have the handheld, for a really deep clean I use my 2nd Dyson hoover that I keep for cars etc. and get the extension lead out.

Reactions: sammi
I use a Home-tek Hunter hand-held. Knocks the spots off dustbusters and the like..

Strong suction, really powerful, and really noisy... It's not that bad (if you wear ear muffs!) It's not cordless though. £45 from Dunelm Mill in Shrewsbury.

EDIT: Actually, I'm a lying toad, it was from Lakeland not Dunelm... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Brushdown and then Vac

Henry hoover and a piece of rubber hose to get in the hard to reach bits

Glad I didn't folk out on a handheld if they're not that good, I usually use the old vacuum cleaner at my mums once every two months.

I use a dog hair remover on my matts every week to clear the main dirt of. Usually find thats all that gets dirty in mine. I keep a cloth for dash in the car so that never really gets dusty either. OCD as the wife says lol