How do you get this off ?

Turkster

W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro
Reaction score
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi

How do you get this door card off without breaking anything folks? its one of my so called pals cars who's stuffed him window motor up trying to open a frozen solid window,

thanks in advance,
27122010620.jpg

Now been a while since had my S3 & had cards of number of times, but iirc there are 2 screws at the top on the left & right, cant recall if any further donw, but try then just lifting it upwards & of as its held in place by several hooked plastic pieces that just hook over cutout metal pieces in the door chassis, dont try & pull it towards you like the later cars 8P etc as it could damage the card beyond repair mate, sure thats correct.

Ok, here goes:

Firstly, remove the trim from the inside of the wing mirror, then undo the two crosshead screws at either end of the door card - you'll see them towards the top of the card. Then you need to remove the bit of trim below the door handle - yet another small crosshead screw to allow access to some larger crosshead screws - undo these and you're nearly there. Pull the door card GENTLY upwards and away from the door and you'll see the door pull mechanism attached to the door. Remove the small clip holding this on and then unhook the cable. Finally, disconnect the speaker and electric window/mirror plugs and you're done. One point to note - watch for the small polystyrene blocks at either end of the door near the window frame. They normally fall off and then don't get put back, causing the door card to rattle!!!

Ah yes remember now, that small roundish trim, was a pita to remove sometimes lol.

This is true tbh mate, my missus says I have frankenfurter fingers, no dirty remarks either you horrible lot lmfao.