How do people fit the custom subs in the boot.

lisaclio

Reaction score
Hi guys need some advice on a custom made sub woofer box that fits flush in the left of the boot. I need more space in my boot so will be getting rid of the vibe box I have.

Been looking at the enclosures that sit in the left hand side of the boot next to the wheel arch but I'm stumped when it comes to securing it.

Anyone got one that can tell me how they fitted it.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They just sit in the hole perfectly happy and unsecured .

Reactions: lisaclio
Ask @Sayam, he's into his car audio. I would say you need a straight replacement for the OE sub behind the side boot panel. A quality 6 or 8" driver is going to sound much better than a larger cheapo and you'll have back all your boot space.

To a point , you must match a sub to the internal L volume of the box .

When I was looking for a 10" sub for a box with a small 15L internal volume I found a regular Rockford Fosgate sub that required less internal box volume than some shallow mount subs .

Thanks guys. Going to purchase one for an 8inch sub. Any good subs these days? I don't have loads of bass, just enough that's better then the stock sub when I'm singing along in the car ha.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

When I had a custom build on the left hand side, I used the mounting bracket of the Bose enclosure to secure it.