How do I unplug drivers door wiring loom from the car body??

Az

Hard slammed!
Reaction score
Im trying to get the wiring loom multiplug unplugged on my drivers door where it plugs into the body at the lower part of the A pillar but I'm struggling to get it off! I have a couple of severed wires I need to repair behind the rubber boot but I need this plug unplugged to be able to get to the wires that need repairing. I know you have to pull the purple tab towards you to unlock it but it's still not budging!

Any help would be much appreciated as I currently have no sound out of my speakers on my door and the passenger door lock and window isn't working.

Cheers,
Arron

DoorConnector.jpg

Reactions: No more and demus
Brilliant! Thanks very much for those pics, spot on! Although I did manage to remove the multiplug shortly after posting this thread somehow, and on doing so I managed to push the connector block that the multiplug plugs into back into the cars body! Now I can't get the ****** thing back out properly and clipped back onto the A pillar so I can securely plug the multiplug back in! :keule:

Take the kick panel cover off and you can get your hand in behind the connector to remount it in the A-pillar.
Can't remember exactly but think the purple lug seen in the photo secures the a-pillar connector to the chassis - was a long time ago when I did this also.

Reactions: No more
I took the interior foot well trims out last night to try that but I couldn't get my hand to the back of the connector cos it felt like it was double skinned??

That makes sense why the connector fell back into the a pillar then if I unclipped the purple bit! Doh!!

Thanks for your help mate

Reactions: No more and D3ano13
Just thought I'd report back on here for anyone who finds themselves having to do the same thing as I have.

I managed to repair all the damaged wires on my drivers door tonight, I ended up removing my door card and the mid/bass speaker to get access to the wiring loom to feed it through a bit more to give myself more length on the loom to repair the wires, it's far easier doing that then trying to work with minimal length on the loom and in a very restricted area! Once all way done I got everything back into place with the rubber sleeve clipping back into the door and a pillar body, and you'll never know it has been touched! Now I have my tunes back through my drivers door speakers! Yay! :)

As for the multiplug housing that I managed to accidentally push back into the a pillar housing (for anyone that does the same thing) I removed the interior trim that runs along the lower door seal (kick plate) and into the foot well, and I saw theatre the loom that goes to the door was actually sandwiched between 2 peices of hard foam that holds it in place to the a pillar just next to the bonnet release catch. If you pull those two pieces of foam out (it looks like one big piece of foam with a loom running through the middle of it) you'll be able to just about fit your hand through the hole in the body to grab the multiplug housing to fit it back into it's hole in the lower a pillar. Once you've got it back into it's hole slide the purple tab at the top of the multiplug housing towards the front of the car and this will lock it back into place ready for the door loom plug to be plugged back into it. Or alternatively, just make sure that you don't slide that purple tab at the top of the multiplug housing towards you when you remove the multiplug! That way you won't have this issue of loosing the housing into the a pillar! ;) just simply follow Woorlord's useful picture below to unclipped the multiplug and you won't go wrong!

And here is the culprit to why I lost the the electric window, the illumination, and the lock on my passenger door............

a683318b.jpg

my speaker cuts in and out on the passenger side so i'm assuming that i'll find damaged wires here also?

Yep! No doubt mate. Severed or damaged door wires are very common on b6 and 7's so I found out after doing a search on google. My drivers speakers weren't working at all and it was due to the thick blue wire that was severed, which I think is the thick red and blue wire in the picture below as that's my passenger door loom. I was very surprised to discover that the central locking and window wires were the 2 thin yellow severed wires in that photo and not any of the thick wires though!

My passenger door has been playing up again. I've stripped it down to look at it and it seemed fine until i pulled on the wires and the small orange wire at the bottom came out of the male plug.
Can the plug be stripped down and the wire refixed or does it need a new plug/loom?
Whats the best way to fix this?
thanks
Jim

There is a securing lug that keeps all the wires in. It could be that the actual wire retaining pin is broken and you simply need to get a repair wire from Audi and splice this into your broken wire and reinsert correctly into the plug housing. If your plug housing is broken or the plug retaining lug is missing/broken then you can get a new housing from Audi. Part numbers are stamped on all plastic parts - you may need very eyesight or a magnifying glass to see them!

thanks for your answer woorlord, think I am a bit confused tho.
There is no problem with the plugs, just that 1 of the wires has come out of the back of the plug.
How does the repair wire work, do you just shove it into the back of the plug. will TPS know what I'm talking about?

thanks

thanks for your answer woorlord, think I am a bit confused tho.
There is no problem with the plugs, just that 1 of the wires has come out of the back of the plug.
How does the repair wire work, do you just shove it into the back of the plug. will TPS know what I'm talking about?

thanks

OK - perhaps wrong use of "Lug" term as used this in a different context in post #2. I will explain my post again please ignore my reference to lug in post #12.

Again from the start,
Look at post #2 and at the bottom of the door connector which is disconnected you will see a purple slider securing pin. This keeps all the wires in place in the plug. I suggest you carefully pull this securing device out and try reinserting your wire which has fallen out. Re-insert the purple securing pin and push home - should click locked. If your wire still pops out when given a little tug then the metal connector end is broken and you need to get a repair wire to replace it.

thanks for you reply, I will give it a go if it ever stops raining/snowing

I know it's an old thread, but I have the same problem with my Audi speakers also, so I am trying to get the connector off from the A pillar. So far I managed to get the wires visible and "lug" the switch on the connector. Now I just don't know where and how to pull the connector of the pillar. It just doesn't move to any direction. Any advice where and how hard you need to pull the connector?

Woorlord - you may have forgotten posting this but it got me past a point where I was stuck - thanks - Now repaired wiring on 02 A4 Quattro sport - and speakers working on both sides. - 5 wires were bare on drivers door - 2 severed - not sure how anything was working at all. Steve