How do I remove the turbo k04.

3 out of 4 that’s good going! Pays to do it right the first time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t you drop rods in your build mate?

Yeah, I was using my car for occasional track days and generally giving it death at every opportunity, plus I got very interested in the idea of doing the work myself, from sourcing the parts, watching tutorials, buying special tools, learning techniques, actually really enjoyed the whole process and recommend anyone to have a go themselves, its not heart surgery and all the info you need is all over the net and you learn loads and save a fair share on labour.

Reactions: S3AMJ
Yeah, I was using my car for occasional track days and generally giving it death at every opportunity, plus I got very interested in the idea of doing the work myself, from sourcing the parts, watching tutorials, buying special tools, learning techniques, actually really enjoyed the whole process and recommend anyone to have a go themselves, its not heart surgery and all the info you need is all over the net and you learn loads and save a fair share on labour.

Completely agree with you getting hands on, last engine rebuild I did was my Skyline R32 GTS-T 2.5 single turbo. Was a pleasure to work on.... that was back when I was single and had all the time in the world. I remember you going through your build. I’d be doing my engine in the S3 if I had more time on my hands, at this rate though if I was doing it the poor car won’t be on the road for another 2 years?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SamHendry
3391fb39e4b69f3d6978ba786799468e.jpg
I like this lol true.

The standard injectors max out around 270hp so you could stick with stock injectors if you were to go ahead with that set up but if you have a hybrid would be a bit of a waste running it at that power without utilising it’s full potential

If your car is just used for the occasional B road blast I would personally stick with your original idea and roll the dice on a stock engine and cap power at 300hp, the hybrid is the one I sold you and it’s in brilliant health with ported hotside, sounds like you’ll hv same set up as me apart from manifold and i squeezed 338hp from that bbt turbo, assuming your engine is in decent health, or who knows, could be better than mine, I would think 300 is very achievable

Good luck mate.
Hi Sam I still think 300 would be OK but with a fairly high risk. At the end of the day I'm defo fitting the injectors and the way I look at it my standard turbo could be on the way out anyway at 140k.so buy fitting the hybrid it's future prothing it . And now I'm thinking map it to 290 even As long as its safe at that level then 2 years down the line fit rods and go more.

its torque rather than horse power that break rods... I could run my GT35 on actuator pressure and generate more than 300hp... torque would be quite low and not come in with a punch and could arguably be fine on std rods...

You only need to make 218ftlbs of torque at 7.2k rpm to make 300hp... most K04's that do 'make' 300hp typically do it around 5k rpm... at that point you would need 315ftlbs to make 300hp

<tuffty/>

I have 251bhp right now . And I'm making 235ftlb .But yeah torque is what will kill it. If I go crazy.

Bill only sells the ported chinafold with his turbo package, you can but them from aliexpress for 150 + 50 postage then port it, get someone to port it. They crop up for sale every now and again for about 300-400. I'm seriously considering bills package ooo err, as it's essentially cost price.

Bill only sells the ported chinafold with his turbo package, you can but them from aliexpress for 150 + 50 postage then port it, get someone to port it. They crop up for sale every now and again for about 300-400. I'm seriously considering bills package ooo err, as it's essentially cost price.
more like £211 then pretty likely to attracts 3% duty and 20% vat on top
then port it to make it work properly. (some hours required and carbide burrs, or send to machine shop and know what to ask them to do....)
Its a pia product, needs some work, but is the only one which is durable and does'nt crack.

this is why I highlighted your excellent combination package in my thread, obviously you personally get some components at a discount and rightly so, but the normal guy on the street couldn't put the package together separately for the same price. there's the complications with the chinafold, the AET web site has two prices too one with an actuator and one without, those turbo-smart actuators and near on £200. There is no hiding buying these components from my wife :D :D for the sake of peace at home, I almost hope the head is beyond repair once I get it off.

this is why I highlighted your excellent combination package in my thread, obviously you personally get some components at a discount and rightly so, but the normal guy on the street couldn't put the package together separately for the same price. there's the complications with the chinafold, the AET web site has two prices too one with an actuator and one without, those turbo-smart actuators and near on £200. There is no hiding buying these components from my wife :D :D for the sake of peace at home, I almost hope the head is beyond repair once I get it off.
Not the case stuart I do not. Manifold costs me the same as any other buyer.
turbo is my trade price, I invented the spec of the thing, and sell many.
We do have to put an inordinate amount of effort into the poxy manifolds tho.. Nasty things. But little other choice of a solid reliable unit in practice.