How do I remove pictures I've posted to a thread?

redspudder

Sparky
Reaction score
I wish to remove a picture that i posted to a thread but cant find option to delete it can anyone help with this

Yeah funny enough Joey, the edit option has disappeared on posts that are maybe 2 days out, that we've made, can we not get this functionality back please so we can edit them anytime we want, its a real pita mate tbh aswell as stickied threads seem to stop edits aswell.

True indeed though! On my posts older than a couple of days the EDIT button isn't there :think:

The edit time has been reduced to a day iirc. It used to be unlimited but that allowed contributors to edit threads years old and remove useful information,leaving the guys that answered beached.

Some sites only allow edits @ 1/2hour

As already stated, if you need anything editing after this time PM a mod and it will be done as soon as is pracical Thanks

That would be people like Quinny who removed a load, I get that reason, but tbh Mark, surely its there choice if they want to remove there contribution/posts if they want to, I mean I've only been on here for 2 years & its a rather exceptional circumstance that this happens, he became admin on another forum so I personally think edit option should be left there all the time as there are sometimes things I'd like to edit later on, PM's to mods to do this is rather pedantic & waste of there time, dont you think.

Cant we have it back on the site?

Last edited:
surely its there choice if they want to remove there contribution/posts if they want to

No its not,the Admin pay for the server so its entirely up to them :p

Personally I think thats a complete waste of time for moderators, but alas its there time, 99.99% of the users on asn arent like the ridiculous minority that remove there info just to be spiteful.

Its the sponsors that pay for the server Jase, not admin :moa:

How is it a waste of time? I don't mind, and i am sure neither do the others.

I have no idea what you are on about Nigel :shutup2:

Hey ho, at least it's not as bad as some of the forums i go on it's half hour, at my age i can hardly spell check it in that time,lol

I'm sure you dont mind Mark as most mods, but PM's to mods just to edit your posts seems a tad silly IMHO for such a simple option that used to be there, its not as though everyone's removing important info, I liked the fact I could edit down the road if I had further info on a mod completed, rather than post again which could be several pages down the thread, do you see my POV, these simple things now require mod intervention.

Was this option changed just because of a said person removed some of the useful info on the site, can a user request they be able to have edit facility all the time or forum wide?

Its the sponsors that pay for the server Jase, not admin :moa:

no Nige,the sponsors pay for the mods and admin to drive top of the range audis :/

Was this option changed just because of a said person removed some of the useful info on the site, can a user request they be able to have edit facility all the time or forum wide?

I think it was more than one so another site could be promoted but also other members delete info also,yes a user can request that.

no Nige,the sponsors pay for the mods and admin to drive top of the range audis :/

I think it was more than one so another site could be promoted but also other members delete info also,yes a user can request that.

lmfao, yeah sipping Veuve by the thames, lol, I can see you with your pinky sticking up (finger that is before you jump on it)

Hey its something you cant control Jase, well obviously you can to a degree, but if those users request for the info to be removed anyway, this is done isnt it, so whats the difference in the 2, just seems to put the onus on mods even more, personally if they want to remove the info I would let them as after all its the web, no point being pedantic or worrying about other forums so much, as this one is already well planted within the community, so its not like thats going to make asn dissappear into obscurity, but thats asn's choice so not alot I can do about it, I'll make a request to Rob see if I can get this back as I find it useful, thanks.

The only people to suffer in the removal of posts is the AS members and if someone had posted good advice on here then set up a rival site and decided to remove the advice so their site would be the only source then that would seem a bit malicious I believe,but having said that its all hypothetical as nobody would do such a thing would they ?

I'd agree with that, but then again Jase, alot of other people learn these things as they go along & if the original work/mod/fix etc isnt visually shown, someone would know how to or where to look overall to gain the info & who cares if its on another forum or not, afterall its a community, malicious or not.

Although I'd agree it was rather pathetic to do that overall, but not exactly info we couldnt have gained again was it.

Anyway I have no future plans to remove my info, even if this would make some people ecstatic lol, then again it maybe removed for me :whistle2: