How do I remove glove box light cover?

SDHA4SLine

Reaction score
Got all but one bulb in car changed over to led's it's the glovebox bulb that's got me stuck, I can't figure out how to pop the cover out seems really stuck in there and didn't want to break it?

Thanking you all kindly :)

Car is a b7 s line Avant (2006)

Got all but one bulb in car changed over to led's it's the glovebox bulb that's got me stuck, I can't figure out how to pop the cover out seems really stuck in there and didn't want to break it?

Thanking you all kindly :)

Car is a b7 s line Avant (2006)

You will need to remove the glove box. Its simple. 3 x 8mm nuts inside the glove box, 2 x 8mm at base of glove box in footwell and 1 more behind the end cover of dash.
Take these out. Drop box and light is easy to change.

You will need to remove the glove box. Its simple. 3 x 8mm nuts inside the glove box, 2 x 8mm at base of glove box in footwell and 1 more behind the end cover of dash.
Take these out. Drop box and light is easy to change.

No worries dude. Only know that as i had to have glove box out today, as the dreaded glovebox hinge fault struck me yet again!

Seems a bit of a ball ache just to change a bulb though :confused:

Is there plenty of slack in wires to let it (glovebox) sit on the floor or do I need to be careful? I got the iPod dock in there also

Theres plenty of slack. Shouldnt be too much of an issue. If not sit in passenger side and rest on legs :)

Just nipped out now and it turns out the cover does pop out, just needed to put the screwdriver in the right place to lever it :) if anyone needs to know there is a notch on the left hand side of cover, stick screwdriver in there and it comes out

Reactions: kerbsidejanner