How do i remove A4 Cabriolet rear bumper??

whitty

Reaction score
can anyone give me either some step by step instructions or pointers on how to remove a rear bumber from an A4 Cabriolet, B6.
I have searched ASN but there are no helpful results and i'm sure someone on here has taken one off before !!
Thanks in advance.

most audi's are the same for removing bumpers.there are 3-4 tork head screws down each side of the bumper.they hold on splash-guards as well as the bumper.there will be another tork screw at each side holding the bumper to the qtr panels.also check along the underside of bumper as there will be some sort of fittings holding bumper to the rear panel.also take the rear lights off as there are 2 more tork screws that hold the bumper to the rear panel.
hope this helps

The cabby bumper is a bit different from the normal as it's a one piece unit.

cab1.jpg

cab2.jpg

The missis said give her the car for ten minutes and she'll have it off for you - it may be a bit dented and have a tree shaped bash in it!!

I'm not too sure how to do it to be honest - the thread above looks useful - when I take panels of mine I generally undo everything i can see and go from there..... normally works! (so far anyway lol)

Cheers guys, looks like i can tackle it at the weekend now ,.............. Oh, and Chris555, tel your misus thanks for the offer but i had a previous GF who decided to borrow my car one night to go to the cinema with her friends.......... the car got nicked and was never found, from that day only I drive my car now. LOL