How do I make my S5 louder without breaking warranty?

Joetidman

Reaction score
So I love my S5, and the noises it makes, but I want more, MORE I tell you :)

So a couple of questions...how do I maximise the burbles and crackles with everything stock? Is there an optimum gear, transition etc that gets the best cracks? Will the noises get better with time or stay the same? Is there any mod I can do to get more explosive noises without breaking warranty or getting TD1 flags and without losing me to keep it quiet when ferrying the wife and kids or my mum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Joetidman
Nice thanks mate, need to get the car jacked up for a look now. Will it get me in trouble at the dealership?

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Decat? Can't believe that would invalidate warranty.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nice thanks mate, need to get the car jacked up for a look now. Will it get me in trouble at the dealership?

Pretty sure new rules state that only if they can prove the 'mod' has directly contributed towards the failure of a part, is your warranty void and even then, it's only for the part that's failed. Go crazy

Don't have a VCDS...will the fault codes even matter if you reconnect the plugs?

Subject to being trumped by someone more knowledgeable AFAIK there is a main cat on the downpipe and then 2 more as the exhaust travels back towards rear of the car. Remove them (leave main one alone) and replace with straight pipes or sports cats to release some sound.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Joetidman and Thundercliffe81
That sounds warranty ending (at least the engine warranty) so maybe an option if I decide to keep the car. Might try the leads first off and see what difference that makes since I guess I can just plead ignorance and pretend its happened by accident or at the factory

Don't have a VCDS...will the fault codes even matter if you reconnect the plugs?

Hi Mate,

If you don't do a fault reset it will store the error so you may as well leave them unplugged as they will have a good idea what you've done, although I can't see many dealers being too bothered, they'd have a hard time proving the exhaust flaps had much of an impact on any type of warranty claim, unless a one of the Cat's fails (at a push)

If you've got access to an Android phone or tablet I'd get OBDeleven, it's only 50 squids and well worth it for access to coding and apps etc, it was worth the money for me just for the bleep on locking and increase boot release time out from the key fob. Plus you can then clear the stored exhaust flap errors to bypass any silly conversations on service or warranty visits.

Im still holding out for someone smarter than me to work out how to code the flaps open on the B9 S4/S5, that would save any further visits under the car.... I'm sure it's only a matter of time!

Reactions: Joetidman and Thundercliffe81
Hi Mate,

If you don't do a fault reset it will store the error so you may as well leave them unplugged as they will have a good idea what you've done, although I can't see many dealers being too bothered, they'd have a hard time proving the exhaust flaps had much of an impact on any type of warranty claim, unless a one of the Cat's fails (at a push)

If you've got access to an Android phone or tablet I'd get OBDeleven, it's only 50 squids and well worth it for access to coding and apps etc, it was worth the money for me just for the bleep on locking and increase boot release time out from the key fob. Plus you can then clear the stored exhaust flap errors to bypass any silly conversations on service or warranty visits.

Im still holding out for someone smarter than me to work out how to code the flaps open on the B9 S4/S5, that would save any further visits under the car.... I'm sure it's only a matter of time!

There must be a guru somewhere haha. Does OBDeleven come with connection for car?

There must be a guru somewhere haha. Does OBDeleven come with connection for car?

Hi Mate,

Yeah, it's a Bluetooth enabled OBDII plug that plugs into the port under the drivers side footwell, you plug in and pair with an app on the phone. Have a look at it, well worth it, I had a VCDS cable a few years ago but sold it on, it essentially does the same thing but for a 5th of the cost.

Hi Mate,

Yeah, it's a Bluetooth enabled OBDII plug that plugs into the port under the drivers side footwell, you plug in and pair with an app on the phone. Have a look at it, well worth it, I had a VCDS cable a few years ago but sold it on, it essentially does the same thing but for a 5th of the cost.

Well well well. This might just be perfection for my needs Cheers bud. I'd be hesitant only because I haven't got a scoobie what I'm doing!

Well well well. This might just be perfection for my needs Cheers bud. I'd be hesitant only because I haven't got a scoobie what I'm doing!

Haha, as long as you take your time to understand how it works and do a bit of reading first you won't go too far wrong.

It tracks the changes you make so it's easy to retrace your steps if you muck something up.

There are lots of YouTube video tutorials that would be worth a watch.

Haha, as long as you take your time to understand how it works and do a bit of reading first you won't go too far wrong.

It tracks the changes you make so it's easy to retrace your steps if you muck something up.

There are lots of YouTube video tutorials that would be worth a watch.

Yeah YouTube can save lives Cheers bud. Think I'll buy it in the summer.

Just don't be tempted to do an output test on your airbag module haha!

Just don't be tempted to do an output test on your airbag module haha!

Well now you've just put a huge red button in front of me...

Reactions: R.A.G
Get a catback exhaust, or at the very least an axleback exhaust.
They don't do anything to your warranty unless exhaust related.
Obviously if there's an issue with the exhaust you would go back to the manufacturer for warranty, not Audi.
Don't get a downpipe (or turboback exhaust) though, because 99% of the time that means the car is tuned and Audi may choose to not warrant power train repairs (even if no TD1 is detected).