How do I know if my car has been lowered???

hooley

Reaction score
Anyone?

Got an pre-facelift A3 1.8TQS and 17 inch 6-spokes from a TT
Ride is what I would call 'Firm' - not a lot of compliance.

The previous owner did a lot to the car, some good (urm...body coloured side skirts...) some very bad (dump valve, very loud exhaust, K&N and Kahn RSC wheels)

Not sure if he 'played' with the springs/shocks

Is there an easy way to tell?

Also - do the standard S3 shocks and springs fit?

Jas

I would look at the struts and shocks...see if there is a name on there or if they look a bit newer or snazzier than your average suspension should look....

If that draws a blank then measure from the centre of the hub to the arch and compare with another A3....

From the mods you mention it sounds like the previous owner would have wanted to lower it?

PICT0001.jpg

Its probably just the weight of the dirt and muck weighing the car down and making it look lowered :icon_thumright:

Whats the mileage? the car will sag over time so its prob on standard suspension

90k milage

It's a 1.8 TQS, so is the suspension the same as the S3??

Jas

If I was lowering a car I would lower it more than that to be honest!!!

must admit the ride is crash-bang hard, much much harder than either my old Mk4 golt GTi Turbo, or my Scooby WRX..

Hmmmm...

jas

can i see some pics of the front and rear of your car mate, i was thinking about having my sills sprayed too - if the ride's really that bad the springs and shocks migh tbe knackered, it shouldnt be that hard unless its on coilovers which obv its not