How do I keep the LED Drl lights on on my S3 8V with Matrix headlights?

lakers1234

Reaction score
How do I keep the LED Drl lights on on my S3 8V with Matrix headlights?
I want my LED lights to show like the picture below, in Auto mode if possible, like they do in the dim mode but brighter

Thanks guys

14401-web.jpg

audi_s3_8v_full_led_headlights.jpg

PFL Vehicles did not have the option of matrix lights.

Details of the mod are in the A3 8V VCDS thread. If you don't have access to VCDS or alike then someone like myself can assist with setting this up for you.

PFL Vehicles did not have the option of matrix lights.

Details of the mod are in the A3 8V VCDS thread. If you don't have access to VCDS or alike then someone like myself can assist with setting this up for you.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have a Genuine VCDS

Would you be able to advise me on how to do this mod please?

Thanks again

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have a Genuine VCDS

Would you be able to advise me on how to do this mod please?

Thanks again
Again it's in the A3 8V VCDS thread, but here you go:
  • 09 - Cent elect
  • Adaptation
  • Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert AB 2 = 100
  • Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert AB 3 = 100

Again it's in the A3 8V VCDS thread, but here you go:
  • 09 - Cent elect
  • Adaptation
  • Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert AB 2 = 100
  • Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert AB 3 = 100
Thank you

Do you have a link to this thread? Because I tried finding it before replying to you, and don't seem to be able to find it

Thanks

Just done this. Brilliant! Thank you, just a quick question, going from 30 to 100 on brightness isn't dangerous for or reducing the life of the LED is it?
Thanks
You are upping the supply, so you might shorten its life.

Just done this. Brilliant! Thank you, just a quick question, going from 30 to 100 on brightness isn't dangerous for or reducing the life of the LED is it?
Thanks
Is this not going to be really dazzling for oncoming cars at night? The DRL is designed to shine in all directions to be bright for oncoming cars in the daytime, whilst the xenon/matrix/halogen dipped beam is carefully designed to shine up above the cutoff as little as possible.

Mine's a PFL with xenons, but when it's pointing at the garage wall, the light above horizontal from the full power DRLs is WAY brighter than the light above horizontal once the dipped xenons are on and the DRLs have dimmed. That's the light that'll be shining into other drivers' eyes.

Obviously the xenons are much brighter than even full DRL, but it's all carefully pointed away from people's eyes.

Is this not going to be really dazzling for oncoming cars at night? The DRL is designed to shine in all directions to be bright for oncoming cars in the daytime, whilst the xenon/matrix/halogen dipped beam is carefully designed to shine up above the cutoff as little as possible.

Mine's a PFL with xenons, but when it's pointing at the garage wall, the light above horizontal from the full power DRLs is WAY brighter than the light above horizontal once the dipped xenons are on and the DRLs have dimmed. That's the light that'll be shining into other drivers' eyes.

Obviously the xenons are much brighter than even full DRL, but it's all carefully pointed away from people's eyes.

I might put the number down to like 70 or something. 100 is really bright to be honest